A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: pencil line and pencil

Hybrid View

pencil line and pencil

I want to add a pencil to the right and a pencil line across this file (the sketch in there now is a crappy illustration of what I'm trying to do). The pencil will be a sketched pencil, the line will have the same thickness as the top page of this book.

My problem is that any line I've drawn doesn't look like the one on the top layer of the book (thickness wise or otherwise). I tried importing a line from Illustrator, but it still didn't look right.

The book is a piece of my logo.

Anyone have advice about how I can achieve this? Thanks.
    seapod00

guess it would've helped if i attached the file.
    seapod00

Hi i just had a quick go at this, here we go...

u need to use the pen tool in photoshop, basically draw the line shape you need (also join the line or it will find its own way from the start to the end when u make selection) see the paths in the psd file

then using the eye dropper tool select the green of the logo, now in the paths palate, click on the work path strip you created using the pen tool, then click on the little arrow (note i'm using 5.5) and select > make selection

you should have 'crawling ants' where the path is, now select edit > stroke and (i used centered with a stroke weight of 2) and thats it apart from cutting off the unwanted line ends

attatched my version psd (look at the paths tab for clues)

hope this helps

bp

You can also just stroke the path directly without having to go through the step of converting the path to a selection and cutting off the ends.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Originally posted by RUSHVision
    You can also just stroke the path directly without having to go through the step of converting the path to a selection and cutting off the ends.
    Thanks for that

thats seems much easier (i alway thought the other way was long winded)

bp

how do you stroke the path directly?
    seapod00

With any of the path tools active, right-click inside the document window and choose 'Stroke Path'. You will be presented with a dialogue that will allow you to choose the tool you want to stroke the path with along with the option to simulate pen pressure. You want to go to the Brush Tool (or whatever other tool you will be using) and set it up first. The path will be stroked using whatever your current settings are for the chosen tool.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..