dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Blurry fonts in MX 2004!?!?!?

Blurry fonts in MX 2004!?!?!?

Ok, so after JUST reading an article on how MM was supposed to fix the blurry font issue with hinting ... I now have a flash movie file with FREAK'N BLURY FONTS!!!!

They were perfect until I put the text boxes inside an MC when I wanted to load dif. pieces of my site at various times. And BAM ... font has gone blury.

I've tried putting a text box on the root directory and it's blury there now too. WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING!?!?!?

Anyone else experienced this yet? Is there a fix?

HEELP!

Actually I had copied the original and put it on the root directory and it was blury. This time I made a new text box on the root and it was nice and crisp. HOWEVER, even a new text box inside the MC is blurier than the on the root.

Someone should tell MM about this.

I am suffering with the same problem.

I am using fonts specifically for flash and some of it is all blurry. In a parapaph maybe every third word is blurry. I open it in my old flash mx and publish and everything is fine.

I've installed the updater and tried everything including a lucky rabbits foot. Im about ready to burn my mx2004 cd and pee on the ashes.
    -Dalberon
    Yahoo: EbunTom
    IM: EbunTom

Hey Dalberon ... you probably have tried this (included with the rabbit's foot technic) ... but make sure your text boxes are on absolute co-ordinates. eg: 100.0 & 23.0 (using the info box)

That made a major dif. for me.

Other than that, I can't remember what happened, but I did manage to fix/get around the issue.

Good luck!

PS - burning pee REALLY stinks! haha

Here is an excellent thread on the matter.

http://flashkit.com/board/showthread...hreadid=482646

Complete with sticky for high visibility.