dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Normal Mode

Normal Mode

In the actions panel, there used to be a normal and expert mode. Now the only one that I can find is expert and that kinda sucks. thanks

Normal/expert mode

On the actions panel...in the upper right corner just below the X to get out of that panel is a icon that kind of looks like a bulleted list. LEFT click on that and you should get a drop down box and the option to switch to normal or expert mode is in there.

MX 2004 doesn't have Normal mode.

Electrical Engineer
    They merged normal mode and expert mode. You can still click the plus symbol to insert code and when you do there are code hints that mimic what your used to seeing in the Normal mode. These code hints can be dropdown lists of variables, other functions, etc.

For example when you insert a onClipEvent function a dropdown list appears with a list of various events you can choose from, you just click on teh one you want and it gets inserted.

The hints only give you what is valid.. for example, if you begin to type OnClipEvent (.. it will drop down a menu of only what would be valid inside the brackets...

Thanks

Yeah that is pretty much what I thought. That kinda sucks that they merged them....normal mode made things a bit easier. Oh well thanks for the help.

Electrical Engineer
    I read something in the help yesterday that I have not had a chance to play with yet. It said that when naming your objects such as movies, and text, that you could name them with the extentions _mc and _txt and when you use the actionscipt they should be selectable. Let me know if you get this to work.

-Nathan