A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: What would you do?

What would you do?

These are just questions I never had come across and need some thoughts

Ok heres my problem

My client wants to have a large image gallery on the website.
    I read something that said you can only use the load .jpg feature with the flash 6 player and above. The website will have a lot of traffic and I highly doubt they will all have the flash player 6. Which way should I develop the image gallery knowing that everyone wont have the most recent player.

Do I use the load.jpg and force them all to have to download the new flash player. If so (where do I place the preloader?)

or

do I use levels.

Also,

I am making a flash site and html site. so if i use the load jpg feature should I include a preloader even thought only fast conenctions can see the site.
    Jason

I'd say put a link to download the new player--especially since you're doing an HTML site as well. If they don't want to get the new player--which there's no reason not to--then they can see the HTML site. If you go to the following thread:
    http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=526186
    and download my source file, go to the Portfolio folder of the library and open the PORTFOLIO movie clip, there's a perfectly functional preloader in there. Hope that helps, take care...
    |Chris
    |Ascend Visual

thank for the source file. I am a bit confused though. I dropped the folder for the preloader in my file but I am not sure how I can connect it to my button and folder. I am new to this action scripting and am a bit confused. If you could explain that would be great. It seems this is a popular question on the boards but nobody has a tutorial that does it simply. without all the whistles and bells

Thanks
    Jason

I attached source if you would do it.

http://www.spidadesign.com/atlantic/gallery2.fla
    Jason