A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Two sides of border line disappearing

Two sides of border line disappearing

Hello all,

I have a flash presentation that is supposed to be white with a black line around the edges for a border. I made a transparent square the exact size of the canvas area and postioned it at x:0, y:0. This makes a perfect border, but when I preview in a browser, two sides of the square are gone. Has anyone experienced or resolved this issue? Your input is appreciated.

Jay Windland

Try making the border a couple of pixels smaller than the stage area.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

hmm...yes I guess I can do that. But I think I neglected to explain that I am making a white background flash animation which will be situated on an HTML page with a background color. So the border has to match the true edges of the flash display area. This is my burden. Any idea how to attack that?

So if I understand this correctly you should be able to do one of two things. The first would be to make your white background with the black border a pixel or two smaller than the stage area as I said and just set the background color to match that of the html page. You are basically setting it when you choose it in Flash and export to html. Flash just uses that color when it generates the html 'wrapper' for the Flash file. Make sure you specify 'transparent' for the window mode under the HTML tab in the Publish Settings and the area outside the white background will show up as transparent and should appear seamless when viewed in a browser.

The other option that comes to mind is to do the exact same thing but to place a solid shape in another layer underneath the layer with the white background and black outline that matches the color of the html background color. Both of these methods are essentially just creating something of a 'bridge' between the edges of the black border and the html background. Is the background something other than a solid color or is there some other reason why this wouldn't work?
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..