A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: soccer.org - 2Advanced

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's

AYSO - 2Advanced

Great work from 2A per usual.

http://www.soccer.org

There is a small error however I'm getting on the Mac version of IE (incase anyone from 2A is reading this), but great, simple work otherwise.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Eyenovation; 01-29-2004 at 07:41 PM.

Life moves at 63 fps. mr. freak's Avatar
    Whoa...
    that's not what I see!
    Cleared cache, no effect... though it shouldn't have any since I've never visited this site before, but you can never be sure.
    Anyway, I see this:
    Last edited by mr. freak; 01-29-2004 at 07:52 PM.
    Be Happy.
    WebFeats v5 { webfeatsdesign.com } \\\ ITA Judge { internettinyawards.com } \\\ My band! { modusoperandiband.com }

The Excentrifugal Force SSC Cosmic's Avatar
    Man that's nice. I love the way they populate the interface as it opens.
    It's tough to say anything about a 2A site because it divides you into the love/hate 2A camps here, but the thing that made me think this is one very innovative and groundbreaking company is a simple thing: the Flash On/Off button, top right. It's something so obvious that it's hard to believe it isn't commonplace. But they did it first, as far as I know. No site requirements, browser size crap or what have you on a splash, just on or off. Maybe it's just my first time.
    if (you expect help){
    then.help(others);
    }else{
    gotoAndCheck.aSite4.somePoorBastardinSiteChex;
    }

really nice site. And now i think the new trend in webdesign is diagonal lines (or is it just my idea?). I keep seeing them everywhere, but anyway, I luv diagonal lines, they make the design look more elegant.

Nice page
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Life moves at 63 fps. mr. freak's Avatar
    Man, still no luck here

I'll have to check it on the PC it seems. Bummer!
    Be Happy.
    WebFeats v5 { webfeatsdesign.com } \\\ ITA Judge { internettinyawards.com } \\\ My band! { modusoperandiband.com }

w w w . t h e o r y 7 . c o m nevil's Avatar
    Originally posted by SSC Cosmic
    Man that's nice. I love the way they populate the interface as it opens.
    It's tough to say anything about a 2A site because it divides you into the love/hate 2A camps here, but the thing that made me think this is one very innovative and groundbreaking company is a simple thing: the Flash On/Off button, top right. It's something so obvious that it's hard to believe it isn't commonplace. But they did it first, as far as I know. No site requirements, browser size crap or what have you on a splash, just on or off. Maybe it's just my first time.
    I used to have flash on off for small sites years ago when my clients where so nervous about the flash player penetration, but these fears eventually went and things like this where no longer needed, seems like a step back to me, but I'm sure its what the client wanted.

As far as the site goes, top notch, I love the little footballs at the beggining.

Market Monkey

Doh.

Oh, this can't be good. After a few minutes, I tried again and it worked. interesting.

Nice site though. Very smooth.
    Nothing happens until someone sells something.

More nice work by 2advanced. They're a bloody factory over there. Lot's of work, lots of talent.

lol @ the errors. simplicity designed for simple people lol. little kids and their over-concerned parents. seems like a nice site for the target audience. seems to have random load errors. that is odd. nothing amazing, some of the boxes seem to just hang on top of photos oddly.
    solid work.
    Have a wonderful day!
    http://www.gpathmedia.com!

This is mostly an HTML site right? with a few flash buttons, clips..

That's a very nice flash/html hybrid in a practical sense.

Nothing short of amazing. Perfect .

Originally posted by slayerment
    Nothing short of amazing. Perfect .
    I always seem to be thinking the same thing as you.

Grea site nonetheless, hats off 2a, I'm sure it means alot

like it, maybe ah pain in the ass for dial-up users because of the images... On my cable it's a bit slow. Maybe because of the many visits a 2advanced site gets, I don't know. But really like this one, not too much flash and effects, just great for his audience i think.

I just get server errors on Win XP, ie6
    Ian

I still use Netscape® Communicator 4.7x for testing purposes. I noticed the interface loaded, but not the content. I assume they know this however.

Nice design. It is always fun to see how they handle colors, bevels, insets etc.

Its a great site. Love the photography and the navigation with the soccer balls is great. I still have an issue with 2A making things way too busy. This site gets really crouded and with all the information and graphics in it, there is no room for good white space.
    Excellent development, good programming, good flash and photoshop skills, but it lacks space. Its just too crouded.
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

Feed me , **** me and shut the

Re: AYSO - 2Advanced

Originally posted by Eyenovation
    Great work from 2A per usual.

http://www.soccer.org

There is a small error however I'm getting on the Mac version of IE (incase anyone from 2A is reading this), but great, simple work otherwise.
    it is a small error cuz your sitting on a stupid apple crapy PC. i just dont understand why people waste money on that shijat?

Originally posted by sk8Krog
    Its a great site. Love the photography and the navigation with the soccer balls is great. I still have an issue with 2A making things way too busy. This site gets really crouded and with all the information and graphics in it, there is no room for good white space.
    Excellent development, good programming, good flash and photoshop skills, but it lacks space. Its just too crouded.
    I, too, have had the pleasure of enjoying the 2A portfolio since V 1.0. As for this project and the AYSO, the color scheme is perfect, the animation, quality, and attention to detail is fantastic. However, I am agreeing with sk8Krog in that their sites usually tend to be very busy, and I am left not knowing where to start. It is a bit crowded, which also inhibits the optimization of the site itself. I am using a T1, and the site is still chunky.

Other than that, great work -

Can't really add too much that hasn't already been said, but nice job. Makes me want to go play soccer.

Love the colors and good use of iframes. I think 6.1+ for Netscape is able to handle iframes. 4.7 use to drive me insane, I'm glad we don't support that anymore.
    Last edited by afovar; 01-30-2004 at 11:33 AM.