dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: dynamic textboxes reading .txt files

dynamic textboxes reading .txt files

This is in reference to dynamic textboxes reading .txt files:

Whenever I try to format the text to be bold using the <b></b> tag within the text file, the text is no longer visible, but text not using the bold tag is. The same goes when I try to apply a global bold style to the entire textbox from within Flash. Why is it not allowing me to format the text beyond color and size, and how can I fix it?

Also, when I try to apply a unique font face to a line of text within the text file, that line disappears as well. Again, the only control I have is over color and size.

Thanks a LOT for your help,

Carl
    Carl Elkins
    Promenade Design

If you are including font outlines for the textfield you need to make sure all the font outlines that will be needed are downloaded. for example if your textfield is set in regular type (with font outlines included) but your html sets some of the text to be bold flash doesn't know that it has to also include the outlines for bold text. hence unless the same font has had bold font outlines included somewhere else in the movie the bold text won't be displayed.

yu can fix this using a off the stage textfield with font outlines included that has a chacacter in bold, italic and regular type in the font you are using. this will add the font outlines to the movie so they are available to the html text field when it needs to display bold text.