A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: loading var from txt

loading var from txt

alright i used to know how to do this in flash mx, and im trying to do it again but ive forgotten due to inactivity... any im trying to remember how to load a variable from a txt file into my flash movie.

the text file would have the news in it, in the "news" variable of course. this would be inside the text file for example:

&news=<<insert news here>>

and on button press the flash player would load the news var from the (for example) info.txt into a text field

im having great difficulty doing this, i even read through a few tutorials from a couple of sites and its just not working.

i cant find a tutorial i had used before that loaded loaded weather statistics for a specific day from a txt file when you clicked which day, a link to that would be fantastic if you cant help

thanks in advance

i can't find the tutorial you're talking about, but this one worked for me:
    http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Ac...dex.php?chk=no

also, when i used a text file, i didn't put any character before the variable name. i'm not sure if that makes a diff, but in the text file, i put
    news=asdfljlsdfj

good luck,

heather
    ---------------------------------
    http://www.heathercash.com

well, i described the tutorial i had used wrong, thats the same one, thanks a million man, this is great