A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: navigation bug - please help me with this

navigation bug - please help me with this

my site uses dynamic thumnails on rollover. a variable is set by the rollover that is picked up by the "thumbnail show" movie clip. it displays when i test it locally but through the web, the images only show up every SECOND click. so there is something wrong with the timing. i thought it was to do with the images not being preloaded but now i have loaded them (you can see them in the lower portion of the movie). this is driving me nuts.

http://www.headwatersdesign.com/HW4.html

the .fla is here:

http://www.headwatersdesign.com/HW4.zip

should i post just the code? im totally stumped with this. any tips appreciated.

you know, im not really one to bump. but this problem has got me so mangled, it just needs a second set of eyes. i cant see what's causing the problem and i can't figure out another strategy that is so simple and reusable. inside that file in the movie clip called "previewer" something is happening in terms of timing. it's a consistent bug. it only shows the thumbnails every other mouse over. it must be something im just not seeing. if anyone has a minute please have a look over this for me. save my sanity.

the big clue is that it works locally and doesnt over the web.

Banned
    I'm waisted! And about to hit the sack! Will have a look in the morning if nobody else has come up with a solution.
    That said, had a quick look and you are talking about the graphics section, the underlying pictures, right? Those are not included in your zip package?
    And maybe post a little more info on what you're expecting here...
    I rollover the buttons on the left... And what exactly should be happening?

ooops. images included in the pack now. what im hopeing to make happen is that when you rollover the subnav in the graphics section, a jpeg, the variable of which is set in the rollover, is pulled into the "previewer movie" and there is a masking animation that reveals it and conceals it when you mouse off. it works locally; the images are in there being shown as the mask animates. the problem is that when i upload it, i get the effect every OTHER time i mouse over the images. thanks oldnewbie. appreciated.