A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: XMLConnector loading screen, progressBar | progress bar

XMLConnector loading screen, progressBar | progress bar

help!!

In MX2004 Pro I have an application that is set up using the XMLConnector to load in an LARGE xml file (250 KB). The user has to wait for almost 20 seconds before all the data is loaded and parsed. I need a way to monitor the loading progress. I have tried about 25 things and nothing seem to work ... i think that there may be a solution in the. myXMLConnetions_con.results object, but I cannot get anything to actaully work. I have invested about 20 hours into this problem and could really use a hand.

Has anyone found a way to monitor the loading progress after the component has been triggered?

I think that there may be a soulution in this EventListener, but the documentation is horrible ...

Code:
    var statusFunction = function (stat) {
    	trace(stat.code);
    	trace(stat.results);
    	trace(stat.data.faultstring);};
    questions_con.addEventListener("result", resultFunction);
    thanks for any ideas or help

--mm

Has anyone found a learning resource for the 2004 Pro components? The MM documentation is spotty at best. I can't seem to find the information that I need on components such as the XMLConnector. Any ideas out there on where to go for help?

thanks

--mm

I made a xml/text preloader component. Easy to set up.

http://www.flashscript.biz/component...mlpreload.html
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

thanks for the link to the component. It has helped me find out that the problem is not flash loading the raw data. Instead it is either the XMLConnector parsing all the data OR the dataSet being updated with the data.

I don't know anyway to speed that up and it TOTALY LOCKS UP the movie while it is doing it's job. Not script will run, and the timeline frezes. I cannot seem to find a way around it. I am exasperated at what should be simple being ungodly hard.

Anyone find a way to speed up the process, OR a way to pass individual nodes from an xml.Object to a dataSet?

thanks

Why you have to use that connector component. Once the xml is loaded it is ready for parsing. That was the reason I made this. I have this kind of preloader in my database component, because w/o preloading it would not parse the xml file on buttonclick.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

Can you add a porgress bar to your component???
    Bmcc81
    Flash Designer / Web Developer
    -----------------------------------
    http://www.webinkgraphics.com