A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: stop, THIEF!

stop, THIEF!

how do you stop people nicking your ideas, is it worth putting a copyright symbol/disclaimer on? Can anything else be done?

You bring the pain train.

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

I've heard a couple of stories but dont know if they'll hold up in court these days.
    There the poor-mans copywrite which involves filling an evelope with all of your proof ie. cds, hardcopys, and maybe a newspaper headline. Then mail it to yourself. I heard if you left it un-opened it coulde be presented in court.

Also I hear that if you put patent pending on your stuff you can sue should you actually get the pantent.

Originally posted by nordberg
    hmmmmmmmm
    Pain train beats lawyer, anyday. I mean, he even overcame oppressive HR activities.

I request you wear a badge of shame, nordberg.

I ask you all to concentrate really hard on the freedom of all being. Its hard not to be very angry it is impossible We have to focus this confusion frustration helplessness feeling into a creative outlet Anger can spawn such amazing creativity through Street art Free art to teach each other know each other a language our evolution Go ahead and break some dumb rules

Originally posted by PAlexC
    I request you wear a badge of shame, nordberg.
    lol - you know i'm all about the tate-man dawg!

"hi janis!"

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

there is some real chemistry here, can you feel it?

No I can't do it by tommorow.. 1stbite's Avatar
    Originally posted by jAQUAN

There the poor-mans copywrite which involves filling an evelope with all of your proof ie. cds, hardcopys, and maybe a newspaper headline. Then mail it to yourself. I heard if you left it un-opened it coulde be presented in court.
    I remember last year on some inventors programme on British TV that the poor mans copyright is still valid, as they advised people to do it with there ideas... but thats here in ol' Blighty maybe different elsewhere...
    and in a blink of an eye...
    Media and Multimedia Courses in Nottingham - First Diploma | IMedia | HND | Foundation Degrees | BA(Hons) Top Ups.

Give a Twit a chance!

You'll never stop people stealing your ideas!

All I do is use a CreativeCommons License, means they can use it - but only if they give you credit.

And TBPH, I dont really worry about it - if someone steals my work then wooh - obviously it was better than a lot of the stuff out there.
    Been a while since I was here! Might just stay around this time! | Check out my Deviations - all comments welcomed!

These guys http://creativecommons.org/ are pretty good. It allows you to get a ready-made legal document to use on your web site. It's not specailised or anything - but, acording to the law, soon as you've made anything you are the legal copyright holder.

Watch this movie to get you going...
    http://mirrors.creativecommons.org/getcreative/