Hey gang. I'm getting ready to take my first crack and creating a FLASH presentation via CDROM and I have a few questions I was hoping the experts here could offer up some guidance on. I've done quite a bit of FLASH stuff for the web, so I'm not a total newbie, but I'm looking to make this CD really good.

#1. assuming the viewers are on average to above average PC's (we know the clientelle), what should my target frame rate be (also knowing there will be video clips and voiceover tracks..more on that later)

#2. what would my best plan of attack for the voice track be? Record the entire 10 minute script into one audio file, load that into a layer via movie clip, then play and stop that clip as needed based on the presentation? Store the audio into lots of small segments and load them as needed playing start to finish for each clip? What audio format should I be looking to create for best quality, playback, and synching (and what settings for that)?

#3. there will be some spots in the presentation where I'll want to play a video clip (some with audio some behind a voiceover). Some of these clips are fairly long (30 seconds to 1-2 minutes or more). What do I do with these? Can I embed a movie and have it play in the projector but NOT get loaded at the time the CD is inserted to avoid overload? I'm going to have probably 10 - 20 megs of video to play at different spots throughout. I've seen FLIX...is that the way to go? What format should my source videos be in?

#4. I want the user to be able to pause this presentation and then return to the paused spot. Is there a way that I can store a piece of data like a cookie (locally on their PC since it's running from CD) that indicates where they paused? Does a projector file have layers and movie clips and whatnot like a traditional SWF file and if so, how will that be handled so that the user is returned to their previous location?

Thanks VERY much all! I know where to go when I need answers to this stuff. This board is by far the place to be if FLASH is on your mind. You guys amaze me on a daily basis.