A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Placing Video on the Site

y helo thar

Placing Video on the Site

Hey, i have this layout so far:

http://www.iremota.com/matt/hotshyt6.jpg

What i am going to do is create a text effect of the orange text "iRemota Labs v5" in after effects. I will output it in .mov format and my question is: How can i place the movie on the grey background w/ scanlines without noticing a difference? I want the background to continue normally without interference from the movie. If you know how to do this, i would appreciate a reply. Thanks -

Left-Handed Flash User mickbrit55's Avatar
    Hiya

It's a bit difficult to answer your question properly because it isn't clear exactly what you want to know. What will the clip of the text effect look like? Are you saying that the effect will encroach onto the grey background? You can limit where the effect is displayed by making a mask the same size as the background and manipulating the layers accordingly. If you supply some more info then perhaps I can help you better

Mick

Re: Placing Video on the Site

Originally posted by EnSanity
    Hey, i have this layout so far:

http://www.iremota.com/matt/hotshyt6.jpg

What i am going to do is create a text effect of the orange text "iRemota Labs v5" in after effects. I will output it in .mov format and my question is: How can i place the movie on the grey background w/ scanlines without noticing a difference? I want the background to continue normally without interference from the movie. If you know how to do this, i would appreciate a reply. Thanks -
    I think I know what you mean. The effect would be better done in Flash itself, however. You could export the effect from After Effects itself if you have a recent version that supports Flash video output. You would have to take the background image into the After Effects project as well. You could then import that video into your Flash project. The only problem is that the entire effect would be a video. If you needed interactivity (buttons, menus, etc.) you would have to layer them over that video. But, hey, if you can live with that, then go for it!

I suggest you try doing the button effect in Flash itself, however, or at least in the Flash SWF format. Have you tried playing with "SWiSH" yet?: http://www.swishzone.com

It comes with several nice templates for text and title effects!

Good Luck!

y helo thar
    thanks, but ill be using the trapcode shine to make an electrical entrance (the text is connected to wires) - i think i understand what you are saying - im gonna try it again