A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: site check, thanks!

site check, thanks!

Sweeeeeeeeet! Great use of sound and transitions!!!!! I like it. yep

wow, i dont got sound but i love this site!

The Excentrifugal Force SSC Cosmic's Avatar
    You've obviously got the skills to put together something pretty nice. This site, imho, has some neat stuff but isn't quite in the pocket yet. I think the standout is choppy animation and inappropriate voices. I don't get that 60's robot voice, it doesn't match the scene at all. A nice vector drawing of an office or whatever isn't complimented by "All systems ready, 1,2,3,4,". If you replaced that humming spaceship bg noise with a nice jazzy or loungy loop, you'd compliment that atmosphere. It would also be someplace people would want to be, there's nothing welcoming about cheap robot voices and an annoying hum. If I were visiting the site as a buyer of their services, I'd have to turn off the speakers to kill that freakin robot. Mousing over an editor's icon should be accompanied by a positive sound, not "warning!overload!caution!

The typography in general is fuzzy and amateurish, type should be crisp and clear.

I don't know, sorry to be so critical, it just seems that with the great work in the portfolios, a better concept would have been natural. There really are alot of nice touches.
    if (you expect help){
    then.help(others);
    }else{
    gotoAndCheck.aSite4.somePoorBastardinSiteChex;
    }

I really liked it. Very Professional and original. 1 Thing I would say is that some of the stiching in the Panoramic photos was a bit dodgey, but that is all I could really say that was bad about it.

If you are new to panoramics, there is some great panoramic software available for free at www.panoramafactory.com which I used to do these with the greatest of ease.

Jem rating 10/10 well done..

thank you

i appreciate the feedback. it's a toughy because the primary audience is ad agencies. they've been in many a nice edit suite. so to overplay the 'cool place' aspect turns them off. that's a given. they want to be working with a place that is fun, in a different way, but when it get's right down to it, they want to see great work on the reel (portfolio). i kept the photo's a bit rough so they would also understand that it really is a documentation of the place, not a professional setup. i sound like i'm defending myself. i just really know the audience is all. i think....thanks much.

peece
    kvl

this site is awesome keep it just the way it is!!

i love the design and sound effects!.

mysterious dust from space sagasha's Avatar
    I like a lot about this site but overall it seems jumbled and hard to naviagate through. The entry page is the strength but you quickly lose that navigation and it's all over the place after that. The robotic voice stuff doesn't work for me either. Nice transitions on rollovers but when the logo disappears abruptly off the page it bothers me. I think the hectic look of the home page and the loose font style should run throughout the piece and would help with the continuity. Also, the cut to black between sections could be avoided since the color scheme stays the same after the switch. Use the globular color fields to achieve a smoother transition. Did I miss the portfolio section?

sagasha
    www.maykreal.com