A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: more office raids :: this time, Kazaa

If this happened a couple of years ago I would have been chuffed...Kazaa these days is just full of Trojans bots and other nasties and as annoying as popups...Limewire for Mac the way to go.

Tony

Originally posted by fospher.com
    Hey xell, whats that comment on? If you think all germans are nazis, you gotta be the biggest ignorant ****ing idiot I've seen.
    What the hell?
    All i was saying is that seeing as communism has come up in this thread already, and then we have a German guy posting about racism just seems a little amusing.

You want to take this outside?

Dont get me started.
    Where do you get off talking to people like that? ViRGo_RK and I both have a right to are own views, if they disagree with yours, speak kindly or shove it.

Im sorry, I wont defend germans from being accused to nazis or Russia being compared to Afghan or a desert.

Im sorry, I wont defend germans from being accused to nazis or Russia being compared to Afghan or a desert.
    He wasn't comparing it to a desert or Afghan. He worded it badly i agree, but when i read it i kind of understood. Don't read so much into it.

As for the German thing, the way he spoke about hating everyone equally made a link to Nazis.....

to be honest, you're a little over sensitive.

I wasnt referring to archimage's comment. In fact, I found it funny. I was referring to you, otherwise I wouldnt have mentioned it. There are limits to humour, its just like telling a jewish guy an oven joke. It's not funny, you just look like an ignorant fool.

keep it civil, or take it off the boards.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Okay, I'd like to start off by apologising to _xell & fospher as they seem to have got worked up as a result of a Quip originally posted by me. "I appologise unreservedly" (it worked for the BBC).

To clear things up, the comment about Racism was refering to my own text where I offered a hypothetical senario where I was a purveyor of Racist/Hate mail and was using an Product provided by a certain company.

Thats all it was a Hypothetical senario. I thought I'd put it in in case someone spotted the German connection and jumped to the wrong conclusion.(too clever for my own good).

On the point of Racism in Germany, I suppose it exists like in most countries. The Authorities/Politicians are very wary of anythng that could be misconstrued as racism and there have been cases where a politician has fallen on his sword for seemingly innocuous comments directed unfortuneatly at Jewish/Israeli people. A similar case to England where asking Tony Blair about WMD is not advisable ATM.
    The point being that "The Germans" run around with a collective "Bad Feeling" any time the Second World War or the Holocaust is mentioned.

I am English, I just live in Germany. I often use my outrageous sence of humour to bring Germans onto subjects which they would never in a million years think of talking about. I imagine the Internet forums are a bad place to convey Humour where a Nod or a "Knowing Wink" cannot be used for emphasis or intonation.

I also say things like that as I am a diagnosed Claustrophobic, the thought of going places with a throng of people is unsetteling to say the least. Hence my tendance to comments indicating that I am uncomfortable around people. Here comes a Joking comment!!! Relax guys I won't progress to SocioPath for anoth year or two.end of joking comment!!!

Huge P.S. I don't use Kazaa, if fact downloading music is'nt my bag, I am an Olde Pharte who goes to concerts for music.
    Last edited by Archimage; 02-09-2004 at 02:22 AM.
    Lecherous by Nature, Evil by Intent

***Blame dem Jeans***