A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Newbie export question

Newbie export question

Hi ive just bought and installed 3DFA and managed to create my 1st small animation, lol.

My problem is that no matter how i export i get, big rectangular blotches throughout the animation. Also lots inbetween the spaces of text.

It plays just fine under 3dfa, its after the export only.

Thanks in advance for any help or avice
    M@gician

Re: Newbie export question

Originally posted by M@gician
    Hi ive just bought and installed 3DFA and managed to create my 1st small animation, lol.

My problem is that no matter how i export i get, big rectangular blotches throughout the animation. Also lots inbetween the spaces of text.

It plays just fine under 3dfa, its after the export only.

Thanks in advance for any help or avice
    M@gician
    Example file would help

A Senior Newbie - How Odd ForumNewbie's Avatar
    My first thought is that you might have the quality setting set fairly low. Look at the bottom of the menu and set 'Quality' to 'Best'.

If that fails, Blanius is right that it would be best to post the file, and let us take a look

Morgan.
    Please note that my domain has changed to http://www.morganmultinational.com

Resolved

Thanks for answering, but after going over the forums i noticed that i was'nt the only person to have similar problems. Its just the way its worded. If i remember the others used "formated text" as the problem. When i relised that i played around with the animation a little.

The red blotches were caused by the shadow effect on the text. And the uglyness of the export was due to the 3D fill i had applied. Why add these options if they cant be used correctly? beats me.

I am a little down hearted though, i spend money on a product as a new user but the seven days trial doesnt give you enough time to see if you can get to grips with the application. AS A TOTAL NEWBIE TO FLASH. So i could'nt really test before buying. I had to buy to test while learning. The fact you cant animate fancy 3d looking text should be a big annoucement on the 3DFA website. Attention u cant do fancy text with this application, think before you buy. (but even i can do that for them on my website, no charge, FREE advertising)

Anyway enough moaning i guess i will just have to put up with the fact i walked right into it myself and bought something that didnt do what i wanted, no-one forced me.

Re: Resolved

Originally posted by M@gician
    I am a little down hearted though, i spend money on a product as a new user but the seven days trial doesnt give you enough time to see if you can get to grips with the application. AS A TOTAL NEWBIE TO FLASH. So i could'nt really test before buying. I had to buy to test while learning. The fact you cant animate fancy 3d looking text should be a big annoucement on the 3DFA website. Attention u cant do fancy text with this application, think before you buy. (but even i can do that for them on my website, no charge, FREE advertising)
    While, yes, 3DFA has it's problems, it also has a lot of upsides. It's ease of use, it's support for Flash MX, etc.

We have all had our problems with the program but I mean come on, it cost $50. And compared to other flash animating tools and what they offer, 3dfa has a TERRIFIC price. Plus you get free updates. They are currently working on a new version right now and who knows what that will offer! Perhaps they will get a little more into the 3D aspect of it or maybe more text animations. But even currently, you can make your own text animations. They give you the "templates" to use, you just gotta mess with it a little. Give it some time, it will probably grow on you.

But all in all, I do agree that 3DFA needs to work out it's BUGS. I'm pretty sick and tired of all the walls I've run into in making my website.
    Dan

Oops. I broke it.... again.