A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: advertising... it really bugs me sometimes

advertising... it really bugs me sometimes

**Rant ahead***

So, I see this place advertising vinyl banners out the front of their business. They have a lovely one out the front of the shop showing colours and gradients and lovely printing. It is advertising their services saying that banners there cost $140 +gst.

Well! I just called this place to get some information on the specs to make a banner.

noooo.. the banners are not $149... that is only for plain simple banners with text/eps things with stick on letters/motifs. If I want one like they advertise with, that states banners are $149 I have to pay $300!

Why could they not just say "Digital Banners $300" on it? or just do a simple banner in their vinyl letters saying "Vinyl Lettering banners $149?"

That just really erks me..!

ugh!
    <:8O)~~~ RATS! they ate my footer! ~~(O8:>

isn't there a site where we can hang people like that? If not there should be. I always thought there should be a site listing all known spammer addresses so if your spam makes you wanna kill someone you can check the site for one near you. :P

They're just marketing schemes, if you let this one bug you, you must explode at christmas time. They dont put something like $299, because if you already have your wallet out, its much easier to slip some money past ya.

No I can't do it by tommorow.. 1stbite's Avatar
    as fospher says, it's all sales/marketing tactics to get your attention, once they got it they are more likely to make a sale, even if it is more expensive then you first thought, if they advertised the price of the cheap banner with cheap looking stickers then they will only attract in the budget end of the market, if they advertise the glossy expensive banners with the real price then they will only attract the top end of the market, by advertising your best with your *****FROM £9.99 bargain basement***** price you are likely to attract all ends of the market, then its a good sales mans job to convert it to a sale....

I now never take an advert at face value, if i see from... in the price I now know its gonna cost more...
    and in a blink of an eye...
    Media and Multimedia Courses in Nottingham - First Diploma | IMedia | HND | Foundation Degrees | BA(Hons) Top Ups.

Give a Twit a chance!

I've never yet had a big mac that looks like the photo.
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

Running Plodding & Limping SpockBert's Avatar
    Originally posted by swampy
    I've never yet had a big mac that looks like the photo.
    ha ha very true, if the real one was as tall as the one pictured, you'd never be able to open your mouth wide enough to bite the bugger.

you seen "Falling Down" with Michael Douglas?

I love the bit where he loses it in the burger place thats so true to life, I can really relate to that, often wanted to nuts with a gun in McDs.
    Last edited by SpockBert; 02-09-2004 at 06:34 AM.