A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: mouseovers

mouseovers

I am creating my first website and need help in creating a flash mouseover. Unfortunately, I am not sure what version of Flash I have. Can anyone help me?

Sincerely,

cdarling
    oceancrest@hotmail.com

when u open flash go to Help>About Flash this will open a popup that will tell u what version u have.

what exactly do u want to do? i'm not sure what u mean by "a flash mouseover". explain more and i'll help.

sean

flash mouseovers

I am working with Flash MX. Maybe "mouseovers" is an incorrect term, however, I was interested in creating graphics that are designed to move or animate only when the user passes the mouse over that graphic. Is that more clear?

Let me know,

Cdarling76

that's clear. there are a couple of easy way's of getting this effect:
    1) make a button that has an animated movie clip in the over state.
    2) or making a movie clip button that allows a lot more flexabilty than option 1.

please explain a little more about what's supposed to happen: like when the user rolls over the image the image animates and when they roll off it just stops, or should it animate back to the original position that it was before the mouseover occured? when u say "move" do u mean move across the stage or just animate inplace?

if i have some basic idea of how things are supposed to look and work then i can give u the best and easiest solution to get the effect.

sean

mouseovers

I would like the image to return to its original position before the mouseover occured. And I want to know how to create images that animate in place and across the screen.

cdarling76

got the part about the image returning to its original position.
    about the animation part. what images are u wanting to create and how are they supposed to animate? u must have some idea about what u'r project is about or how u want it to look. i have no idea what u'r attempting to do so i can't really help without some info...

animations can be:
    1) shape tweened
    2) motion tweened
    3) key frame animations

sean
    Last edited by studioqtopia; 02-11-2004 at 07:05 PM.