A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: sound object laughs at me

sound object laughs at me

Hi,
    I'm having a bizarre problem with the sound object. Basically I have an swf which loads tour.swf into _level1.

tour.swf contains a sound track which is controlled by a movie clip within it which uses setVolume to adjust the overall volume of the soundtrack to the viewers taste and to create a fade out effect at the end of it.
    It all works fine when it is played on its own, but when I import it into the parent swf, it goes silent, and the volume controller starts affecting the sounds of the parent movie clip.
    I've tried importing it into a dummy swf with nothing in it (apart from the script to load tour.swf), and it stays silent unless it is loaded into level 0 (replacing the original)

Please someone help me!!!!!!

thanks

Banned
    Can't say much without seeing the .flas.
    But I'll take a wild guess and suggest you use this in ALL (both .flas) your soundObjects' definitions...

my_sound = new Sound(this);

Should work like a charm!

If not, and you want to attach your .flas here, zipped them up and Save them as MX only documents, not MX2004 documents.

thanks old newbie, that sorted it out!
    I can't believe it was something so simple. In any case I always seem to have problems with the sound object.

Cheers.