A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Resume Design Feedback Please

Resume Design Feedback Please

Howdy Flashkitz,
    I was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on this design I came up with for my resume. I am going to be shipping it out... trying to earn that green, and its about damn time. The phone number and address is blurred out because of my rabid fans

I appreciate your time and your suggestions.

Thanks,
    mperla

Computers Hate Me!!!!
    Rock the Vote!!!!

It looks quite nice i'd say
    Penguins in the dessert

Thank you. Its sorta hard getting a good opinion on my design stuff round my parts. I don't really have anyone who has a trained eye to ask. Thanks for your response.
    Computers Hate Me!!!!
    Rock the Vote!!!!

Looks nice, but drop the dirty look of it and your name in big bold letters down the side.

You've got to rememeber that most people looking at your cv are older and will want to see you as being smart, clean and presentable.

The layout is spot on and informative, just go out an buy some of that posh paper to print them on.

toydestroyer,
    I just figured I should give my resume a bit of "flair" to seperate me from all the other out-of-work designers out there. You think a straight forward, clean resume is best for a graphic design position?

Thanks,
    mperla
    Computers Hate Me!!!!
    Rock the Vote!!!!

Yeah its a bit of a hard thing to do really, on one hand you want to show off your creative side and stand out, but on the other the person looking at your cv might know nothing about design or might just want to see examples rather than see it on your cv.

Although you maybe sending your cv off to a design studio, the person reading your cv could be someone in a HR department or a office/accounts manager I think its something to keep in mind.

The only real way of finding out is to send it off (an maybe send off one without the design aspects on it) and see what the response is

If you are a designer I say there is nothing wrong with actually designing your resume as opposed to just handing them a white piece of paper with some text on it. I think you should keep the grunge if it is applicable to the company you are applying to. Don't be afraid to stand out.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

thanks a million for your comments and advice.

With mad appreciation,
    mperla
    Computers Hate Me!!!!
    Rock the Vote!!!!