A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Newbie: Qtime vid has sound but flash cannot detect it

Newbie: Qtime vid has sound but flash cannot detect it

Hi- I've created some short Quicktime clips in iTunes. I burnt them on a CD, and tried to import them on my PC (Windows XP) into Flash MX 2004 Pro.

While the clips play on my PC in Quicktime with the sound track, the import dialogue box in Flash tells me "No audio detected"

How should I go about ensuring the audio is actually detected? I assume I can export only the sound track as an MP3 from iTunes, but that seems an unecessary extra.

Is there a specific method for creating the clips in iTunes?

Any help would be great, I have no previous experience of Video at all.
    Hariyemadzisawira nhaka yedu! Down the SCUD and win!
    I'm too lazy to read Private Messages.

Originally posted by scudsucker
    Hi- I've created some short Quicktime clips in iTunes. I burnt them on a CD, and tried to import them on my PC (Windows XP) into Flash MX 2004 Pro.

While the clips play on my PC in Quicktime with the sound track, the import dialogue box in Flash tells me "No audio detected"

How should I go about ensuring the audio is actually detected? I assume I can export only the sound track as an MP3 from iTunes, but that seems an unecessary extra.

Is there a specific method for creating the clips in iTunes?

Any help would be great, I have no previous experience of Video at all.
    If you have QuickTime Pro, you could try exporting the clips using "Movie to QuickTime Movie". Then change the Audio settings using the "Options" button to the right.

If it asks, select "Make Movie Self Contained", or else your "movie clip" will only be a link to the original file!

If you don't have QuickTime Pro, then I'm afraid that there is no easier solution for you!

Good Luck!

Cheers, I'll look into it.

I managed to export as a iDVD, that seems to have sound in it, though I cant test because it crashed the iMac when I published. Will try again after applying more memory to Flash.

OK... as a master of the dodgy and less common methods of doing things, here's a solution:

Create two versions of each clip, a medium quality one for display, and a DVD or Max quality one.

Firts import the high qual;ity version, checking that sound and video are imported separately. Then, in the library, delete the video, but not the sound.

Now import the medium quality one- which will have no sound, as Flash does not recognise the compressiom, and put it and the sound clip in the same timeline.

Of course, if you can afford video editing packages, do it that way, but iMovie is free.