A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash site causing problems on Macs

Flash site causing problems on Macs

Hi,

I've made a Flash site for a client. I've made it on PC and it works just fantastic on all Windows PCs. But now the client is reporting some strange behaviours, when the very same Flash site is displayed on Mac.

The address of the site is
    naivefilms.com

On problem the client is reporting is scrolling. He is unable to scroll the CONTACT section, but is able to scroll for example the FILMS/COMMERCIALS/REEL section. What's interesting — all sections in this site use the very same scroll unit (it is keeped in the same external SWF and linked as a shared library).

Second problem is displaying movies in FILMS/COMMERCIALS/REEL. The client says, that once it works and once it doesn't — could it be possible?

All that happens only on Mac — on PC it works great.

What could be the reason? Is it possible, that some Flash features wont work on Macs? If so, what to avoid?

Have you experienced similar problems?

If you have a Mac, please visit this site (it's quite cute i think ) and please report any problems you found

Thanks for any help and suggestions
    marek binkowski
    webdesign ::: www.ampo.com.pl

I was able to scroll the 'Contact' section just fine. No problem at all on the Mac. I'd suggest telling him to update his flash player. Other than that I'm not sure why he's having difficulty.

Originally posted by Xample
    I was able to scroll the 'Contact' section just fine. No problem at all on the Mac. I'd suggest telling him to update his flash player. Other than that I'm not sure why he's having difficulty.
    Thanks Xample

One more question (sorry I've forgotten about it in my previous post) — what Browser do you use? What OS?

I got an answer in another forum, suggesting, that this site works fine in Mac's Mozilla and Safari, only in IE there are big problems.
    marek binkowski

hey, sorry for the late reply. Yea, it seems as though it's an issue in IE. The site didn't function so great when I just checked it in Explorer. I wouldn't be too worried though. Microsoft has discontinued work on future versions of IE so everyone at some point or another will need to migrate over to Safari or an alternative browser.

thanks again

And what was the other browser, this good-working? Was it probably Netscape? Or rather Mozilla or Safari?

marek binkowski