A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: MX2004 VideoAssistant Clips

MX2004 VideoAssistant Clips

Hi all,
    When I use the MX2004 Video assistant to splice a video file (wmv, mov etc)and create 2 clips out of it, in the end only the first clip in the list actually imports into my film.

This happens whether I import into library, as movie clip or onto timeline and also regardless of whether I choose the option about "combine to one library element" or not.

Any ideas about how to get the second clip to import, too?

Thanks for any tips
    Greetz Vectorinox

Re: MX2004 VideoAssistant Clips

Originally posted by Vectorinox
    Hi all,
    When I use the MX2004 Video assistant to splice a video file (wmv, mov etc)and create 2 clips out of it, in the end only the first clip in the list actually imports into my film.

This happens whether I import into library, as movie clip or onto timeline and also regardless of whether I choose the option about "combine to one library element" or not.

Any ideas about how to get the second clip to import, too?

Thanks for any tips
    If I understand you correctly, you are trying to edit the video you are importing using Flash? i.e., Splice only parts of a clip together from one whole imported clip?

Unless I misinterpreted your question, the procedure would be to set the in- and out- points for your first clip and click the "Create Clip" button, then select the in- and out- points for your second clip and select "Create Clip" again: Your clips should appear in the left pane of the dialogue window.

You can edit the length of those clips at any time, or move them up or down in the list using the arrow icons at the top of that pane. To remove a clip, click the "Trash Can" icon.

If you want your embedded video to be a SINGLE .FLV movie, then you must select the Checkbox labeled: "Combine list of clips into a single library item after import".

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply And yes, I am trying to import several clips spliced from one video at once (from the video import assistant window to my flash film)

I do get that far and everything works fine in the assistant window, ie I can preview all the clips I've created from the video.

However when I then click on "next", choose my compression profile and then finish the process, in my flash film only the top clip from the list has been imported. The other clips don't appear in the timeline nor in the library. This happens regardless of whether I choose to combine the clips or not.

It wouldn't be a problem if I were able to access the previous assistant window with my list of clips again, but it seems I have to go through the whole process of creating the clips again every time.

So, still no joy

Have you managed to import more than one clip in one go?
    Greetz Vectorinox

Originally posted by Vectorinox
    Thanks for the reply And yes, I am trying to import several clips spliced from one video at once (from the video import assistant window to my flash film)

I do get that far and everything works fine in the assistant window, ie I can preview all the clips I've created from the video.

However when I then click on "next", choose my compression profile and then finish the process, in my flash film only the top clip from the list has been imported. The other clips don't appear in the timeline nor in the library. This happens regardless of whether I choose to combine the clips or not.

It wouldn't be a problem if I were able to access the previous assistant window with my list of clips again, but it seems I have to go through the whole process of creating the clips again every time.

So, still no joy

Have you managed to import more than one clip in one go?
    ....yes, I have.

Have you tried selecting the CheckBox labeled "Combine list of clips into a single library item after import" yet?

I have attached a screenshot of what I am referring to:

Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the attachment because seeing that you had used mpeg gave me a tip - I went and tried it with an mpeg movie and all the clips imported perfectly.

However using an .wmv file (I have been trying with all the correct settings the same as you showed on your attachment) only the first clip imports. I can't get more than one clip from an .wmv to import into my film. Have you tried it successfully with .wmv?

I guess I'll be sticking to mpeg vids for the future

Thanks again.
    Greetz Vectorinox