dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: MC's and external SWF's keep trying to load.

MC's and external SWF's keep trying to load.

I have a movie that opens using a one MC's and a couple of external SWF's using loadMovie. Once these have loaded, the main timeline has a STOP action. This frame is labled "white".

The next few frames each have their own label. For discussion sake, lets say these are labled "green", "red", "blue" and "yellow", in that order. On the frame labled "red", I have a button that when clicked, takes the user to the frame labeled "blue" or "yellow", depending on whats entered into the input text fields. SO far everything works great!

The problem comes into play when I want to take someone back to an earlier point on the time line. On both the "blue" and "yellow" frames, I have a button that when clicked takes the user to the frame labeled "green". Green is a frame located on the timeline AFTER all the MC's and external SWF's have loaded but before red blue or yellow. Despite the fact that the green frame is located after all MC's and externalk SWF's have loaded (with a stop action on that frame), when I click the buttons on blue or yellow to take me to the green frame, all the MC's and external SWF's load again...something I want to avoid.

Any thoughts on how to solve this?

Thanks

Banned
    Think you'll have to attach a .fla or mockup, in my case zipped up and in MX only format, for your question to make any sense!

Rather than taking up size and download time with all the external SWF's, I'm just including the main FLA in the ZIP. To see how it works on line, go to this link:

http://www.marketthismedia.com/newdemo/test3.swf

In my first post, I used colors as the label names hoping it would make thigns easier to understand. In the FLA attached, the label names are different.

Enter a user name and password. Anything incorrect will pull up a message and a "return" button. When the return button is clicked is where the problems are.

Thanks for the help
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Sir Yendor; 02-12-2004 at 03:02 PM.