A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: slow loading swfs with video clips from a cd

slow loading swfs with video clips from a cd

I'm still looking for a solution for slow loading swfs containing video clips on a cd. Originally I used MX 6.0 to embed the video clips in a little template I made, exported the fla's as swfs, and called the swfs using loadMovie onto level 1 of another template. The swfs are called from links on words in a scrolling textbox using asfunction script along with the loadMovie script. Then I published a projector and burned it all to CD.

From the CD, the swfs with the video were unacceptably slow loading. I received a suggestion to try exporting the video clips as flvs, then importing them into the fla and publishing them as swfs again, exported as Flash 7, so the clips wd play as they load. Sounded great.

So, I downloaded the trial version of MX 2004 Pro, and did just that--re-did all my files, burned to CD, and... just as slow loading.

I'm getting desperate for a solution or I can't build this project. Is it because I "embedded" the flv video files in an fla and published it? Some other reason? I'm really stuck and any more help I can get to resolve this and make the load time quicker wd be so greatly appreciated. Thanks.

thanks a lot...

I'll check out the tutorial. I hope this resolves the problem!

thanks again-

cd video

I use the bink compiler from radgametools. they are experts on video executed from slow cd drives. the bink produces an .exe or .hqx pc/mac, so you don't have any player/codec problems when sending out demo cd's.
    just have your flash button load the .exe

you'll have to live with their logo in the end of each movie or pay up.