A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: trying to speed loading of video clip from cd

trying to speed loading of video clip from cd

Can you load an flv file instead of a .swf using something like "loadMovie?" I've built and published a projector that calls swfs with video clips embedded in them using loadMovie. Works great, but the video swfs are very slow loading from the CD.

Is it possible to speed up the loading by using flv files instead of the swfs, and, if so, what actions do you code to make them load? Thanks so much for any help.

Re: trying to speed loading of video clip from cd

Originally posted by rubygold
    Can you load an flv file instead of a .swf using something like "loadMovie?" I've built and published a projector that calls swfs with video clips embedded in them using loadMovie. Works great, but the video swfs are very slow loading from the CD.

Is it possible to speed up the loading by using flv files instead of the swfs, and, if so, what actions do you code to make them load? Thanks so much for any help.
    If you have Flash MX 2004 Pro, I highly suggest you use the MediaPlaback Component or the MediaDisplay Component. The differnce is that the MediaPlayback Component has its own GUI interface that is pretty generic and a pain to customize the look and feel of. Either component can be scripted just like MovieClip Actions are.

Instead of loadMovie, however, you would use:
    Code:
    myMediaComponent.setMedia("path/url","FLV");
    Good Luck!