A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: FLV Based Tv Channel

FLV Based Tv Channel

G'day all - (im not australian)

Have a question hoping you could all chip in and figure out the best way to do it.

I am creating a site that will run as a sort of web based tv channel. However, i need to create some sort of script where once my flash movie has finished streaming its movie (one program, or music vid, etc) it'll start playing another program.

Now i was thinking the ultimate way to do this would be to have an ASP script on the page, and to have that script based on a SQL database where i could put the program title, id, description, etc, and also have the URL of the swf (which the page would call).

SO! Basically - i need to sort something out where i can have a streaming video using the 'MediaPlayback' component but at the end of that clip it will automatically refresh the whole window (leaving the script to open another random (or time based, depending on how i program the page) movie...

any ideas???

Thanks all!!!!!

Sounds like you would just need a textfile with all info that you load into Flash and then have either the last frame of any video load a new one at random or having a checking movieclip look at when the video is finished load another swf at random ( then you wont have to code the video swf's ).

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

you have an events on netStream object that let you know when a movie is finsih playing.

the events is call on many different occasion while video is playing

example when start playing, when finish loading and also when finish playing.

Just have a look at the events of the netstream object

You can have a simple code like this ON the movieclip you are loading the swf's into.

onClipEvent(enterFrame){
    if(this._currentframe ==this._totalframes && this._totalframes >2){
    // Load New Movie Action here
    }
    }

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com