A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: same sex marriage - what's the big deal???

Originally posted by Flea-x

wtf..? That is a stupid statement. How can you back that up, and why would you accuse someone of being gay if they did not openly admit to it?
    Hey relax....Gays openly call us "breeders"...oh sorry thats right I have spoken to some before like.

I only asked since Gays are the only ones who frequently use that term....but I could be wrong..

Accuse???? dont get it wrong I only asked, I've been asked before, I dont get offended..in fact I'm proud to be straight..

Tony

Not that it's any of your business, but I'm a happy heterosexual. I just like the term breeders because ... I don't know, I think it's a hilarious term for heteros. It sort of puts us in our place as mass procreators, filling this world up with too many humans.

Must…resist…jumping in…ahhh to heck with it.

Originally posted by Sundev
    I just like the term breeders because ... I don't know, I think it's a hilarious term for heteros. It sort of puts us in our place as mass procreators, filling this world up with too many humans.
    And not just used by homosexuals either. Just try walking into a nice restaurant with a two year old. Them non-child couples don't say it, but they sure are thinking it.

Ok, i've been trying to stay out of this, but today i'm proud to be a Multnomah County resident : http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/03/0...age/index.html

Some things:

I've noticed that a lot of the negative comments have been aimed at gay males, yet all the same-sex families that i know in our neigborhood have two mommies. It seems that when straight men decry homosexual unions they seem to focus on the specific act of anal sex, yet i have found that families, same sex and otherwise are a lot more complex than that.

Just an observation.

d.
    dlowe93

out an end to the awful term of 'breeders' by joining the VHEMT (The Voluntary Human Extinction Movement).

I wonder what the ratio is from males couples wanting to get married vs. female couples wanting to get married. Why do I think that it's mostly the women who are really wanting to get married?

I disagree - I have heard of lots of men that want to get married. And have kids as well, by means of adoption/cloning (they are still working on that one).
    Penis Inches: Your Answer.
    www.penisinches.com

*insert witty title here*
    Originally posted by dlowe93
    Ok, i've been trying to stay out of this, but today i'm proud to be a Multnomah County resident : http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/03/0...age/index.html
    [/B]
    good to see people using the law to get what they want LOL... I have today read a couple of interesting articles. Different from the above as one describes behavour of todays new gay generation the other views a Cardinal of the Church.

Both articles are from 'The Bulletin' which is on the ninemsn.com.au site under news/current affairs. A worth while read for all.

God and Sex - He has been widely described as the "bully bishop from central casting". Now, Archbishop of Sydney Cardinal George Pell tells Jennifer Byrne why Australians are going to hell.

THE GAY REVOLUTION - Until recently, gay teenagers would not come out for fear of persecution. Now attitudes are changing, led by a new breed of kids comfortable and open with same-sex attraction. – Feature.

FK's Official A&A Addict
    i just jumped into the discussion and quite frankly i don't see the problem. Gay marriage has been legalised some time ago here (the netherlands) and i'm really not bothered by gay people. I actually just treat them as i would any other person.

What i am against is when a preacher doesn't want to marry two gay people and he's forced to do so by law. That was the only issue we had when gay marriages where legalized. But even that didn't bring much fuzz along in the end.

And to be honest, i havn't seen any noticable change after gay marriages where legalised. There weren't kids running around screaming "when i grow up i'm going to be a married gay guy", there weren't any guys proposing to me all of a sudden. And life just continued as it did before the legalization of gay marriages.

Originally posted by XU1

Here we go again....Look at the real issue...Mate.
    Gays are free to do what ever they want in most western countries, but they shoud not dictate to the majority of us....yes....the often silent majority, that their relationships are equal to that of a ma and woman.
    They are free to do whatever they want - apart from get married to their life partner.

Just as until fairly recently, women were free to do whatever they wanted - apart from voting.

So you still want to say these issues aren't related?

Cause it is not....it is a perversion of what is natural....yeah you know the anus was meant for getting rid of waste not for sex, or is this just too plain for some of you.
    You're entitled to your opinion. I, and many of other straight AND gay men and women do not believe the same as you, and enjoy consenting adult sex in a variety of ways.
    Michezo Youth Initiative - donate | Into Kenya | Naked Chronicles | Mark Bingham - my friend, America's hero

To help new members fit into Flashkit, three rules they forgot to tell you on signup: Rule #1: Learn Group Think, and behave accordingly | Rule #2: Do as certain Mods say, not as they do. | Rule #3: If you're from outside the US, don't at any time criticise, allude or hyperlink to criticism of the US or any of their laws, policies or practices. | Enjoy your time at Flashkit!

Originally posted by XU1
    Originally posted by TheOriginalFlashDavo
    So consider the possibility that the bible deviated the "status quo"? Maybe same sex marriage has always been as normal as male-female marriage? Maybe the bible has perverted what's "normal"?

Man, you funny...
    Thats just ridiculous, but it also shows how much knowledge you lack in this regard.

Tony
    So why is that ridiculous? Because you don't believe it? Mate, the only reason you're really harping on about the "wrongness" of homosexual relationships is because of what the bible says, a publication of which I have as much right to believe is pure fabrication as you do to believe it's fact.

Nothing to do with lack of knowledge or otherwise actually...
    Michezo Youth Initiative - donate | Into Kenya | Naked Chronicles | Mark Bingham - my friend, America's hero

To help new members fit into Flashkit, three rules they forgot to tell you on signup: Rule #1: Learn Group Think, and behave accordingly | Rule #2: Do as certain Mods say, not as they do. | Rule #3: If you're from outside the US, don't at any time criticise, allude or hyperlink to criticism of the US or any of their laws, policies or practices. | Enjoy your time at Flashkit!

Originally posted by XU1
    No you go read your history of ancient civilisation and the degredation of family life and see what happened to them...

As for the Greek civilisation, Homosexual relations were as common then as it was with the Romans, and the Arabs, and the Moabites etc etc, so what???? does that make it normal???

Tony
    Well, I have. And as far as I can recall the end of most "great" civilisations happened in most part due to their enormous geographical expansion which could not be supported economically.

So was that a result of gay love?

Originally posted by XU1

Originally posted by TheOriginalFlashDavo

Are you going to use the same argument for someone who believes that a black man is dumber than a white man, just because of colour? Is that "right" too... if enough people believe it?
    Man where do you deduce this equation from???? Where have I said that Gays are inferior to others???

I dont have a phobia, I just dont think their marriages should be recognised like that of a man and woman....??

Man where do you get off on these comparisons??

Tony
    The comparisons are very apt. You believe that gays should not be afforded equal marraige rights, just as many believed in the past (and some now) that blacks should not be afforded equal rights, whether that be social or economic.

I don't see anything but similarities, sorry.

Originally posted by XU1
    Dude, I use the term Homosexual cause homosexuals dont have a problem with being called that, but people like you have...You know what the funny thing is in this thread???

That the only ones who havent ridiculed what I've said, are the two members who are openly Gay.... GO FIGURE

Tony
    I didn't say anything about anyone having a problem with the term "homosexual", it's just the fact that you use that formal type of term rather than the more commonly used term "gay". It seems to illustrate less experience on a personal level with gay friends. Yes, I may be wrong with your level of dealings with them, but your use of the term suggests a very formal relationship with any gays.

And gays are the last to ridicule or even get into a discussion on this, usually because they've heard it all so many times before they know it ain't worth it. I'm a little luckier, I don't have to live with that type of discrimination every day of my life, so when a dicussion arises I can engage on a level that doesn't leave myself as emotionally drained as it may do for them.

Originally posted by XU1
    What will happen if gay marriage is legalised??? the world wont come to an end. but we just allow our children to accept (remember its different to tolerate) that homosexual relations are normal....which will just add to the moral degradation of our society.

Tony
    "What would happen if black people were given the vote? The world won't come to an end, but we just allow our children to accept (remember it's different to tolerate) that blacks are equal to whites.... which will just add to the moral degradation of our society."

We've heard it all before mate, throughout society at different times. Hopefully as with these previous issues social - and legal - equality will result eventually. But it won't happen unless we stand side by side with those discriminated against.

Hi FlashDavo

Look we have differing opinions....I still hold to my opinions very strongly and convictions that marriage should only be reckognised as a union between man and woman.

The comparisons you make between other social issues of the past are not equated to this one.

People today are much more educated and tolerant towards things they would normaly have discriminated in the past.

But this issue is different because it strikes at the heart of what the average( yes average maybe not in flashkit) person feels about sexual relationships., including the normalcy of falling in love with some one other than same sex, Childbearing, and Childrearing, and the progression of the family unit as such.

Even if you took the "moral" aspect out of it, and took the argument purely on a legal basis, where would we then draw the line??

Polygamus unions, Group Unions, Man Child unions...I mean where would it stop???

Thats why I feel very strongly that we have to draw the line somewhere and in this issue I hope the line is drawn very clear.

it dosent mean I hate gays, or dislike them...it just means that they dont fit the criteria....and I seem to have the same view as the mainstream.

When your view becomes mainstream then things may change....

PS on the bible comment, I dont remember using any quotes from the bible about gay marriages and such....But I only answered your proposition that the bible may have had it wrong.

Any way we choose to disagree....I'm not agro about it...

Tony
    Last edited by XU1; 03-07-2004 at 04:59 AM.

Let's look at the main question here:

For what purpose do we legally reckognize marriage?

I'm a Christian and I know all of these homosexuals are going to hell for what they are doing, but I dont believe that me not allowing them to be reckognized legally as a couple would change that. I'm not going to be converting homosexuals by not letting them marry. Could someone answer my question though? Why dowe reckognize marriage between a man and a woman legally? Why isn't it just something reckognized by the church?

Secondly, I don't appreciate all these comparisons to racial discrimantion. This is completely different. The laws are the same for homosexuals and normal people. A homosexual can marry a member of the opposite sex if they want. A few decades back we wouldn't let blacks marry. We had a different set of laws for blacks. Being mulatto, I take this pretty personally.

Before any of you comment on my using the term normal, let me say this one thing: you can't deny that heterosexuals are what is normal. God gave us these sexuals organs for a purpose, to produce kids. He made us enjoy the process so that we'd do it instinctively. Now the devil has tempted some people (gays) to stick their penises anywhere that feels good or (lesbians) stick anything in their vaginas that feels good. This isn't normal. To give you a comparison, is it normal for someone to unscrew a screw with a pen? No it isn't, because that's not what it was made for. It's normal to use a screwdriver for these puposes.
    glhf

of course it isn't normal, but are you normal?

I'm a Christian and I know all of these homosexuals are going to hell for what they are doing
    You know this how?

Now the devil has tempted some people
    Saying stuff like this loses you credibility from the start, who's going to believe what your trying to say if you say the devil has temped some people. To me, being christian isnt normal, but thats just me.

I understand, the devil makes it difficult for most to believe.
    glhf

Originally posted by bvgroote

You know this how?
    Because the Bible explicitly says that homosexuality is a sin. By living such a life of sin, one goes to hell. You still confused?
    glhf

No I can't do it by tommorow.. 1stbite's Avatar
    Originally posted by jide
    Because the Bible explicitly says that homosexuality is a sin. By living such a life of sin, one goes to hell. You still confused?
    hang about, I thought if you confessed to your sins you where forgiven, so those in same sex relationships could if they wished just confess to having a same sex relationship just before death and tadda sins forgived, St.Peter open those gates...

either way it's hog wash, why should anyone have any interest in what others do behind close doors, as long as both partys [edit] or more [/edit] are consentual.
    and in a blink of an eye...
    Media and Multimedia Courses in Nottingham - First Diploma | IMedia | HND | Foundation Degrees | BA(Hons) Top Ups.

Give a Twit a chance!

Originally posted by 1stbite
    either way it's hog wash, why should anyone have any interest in what others do behind close doors, as long as both partys [edit] or more [/edit] are consentual.
    some people seem to think that their personal beliefs and opinions should be forced on to everyone, others are more accepting of the fact that what's right for them isn't necessarily 'right'.