A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: same sex marriage - what's the big deal???

*insert witty title here*
    Originally posted by gerbick
    then that leaves me.

wolfie, calm down. I posted earlier in this thread as well. with you ranting and raving like that, all it will do is bait the flamers to retort.

your point can go over much more smoothly without the ranting.
    gees maybe i should just point the finger, maybe then the wrong people might stop standing up. LOL.

not u either gerbick.

*points finger at jide*

maybe that will solve some problems

Originally posted by admirablesublim
    Let me tell ya...
    THAT FOR SURE YOU'LL BURN IN HELL...

That isn't what God told us to do... It's suckss !!!
    I really dont remember in which part of the bible is this, but be sure you'll not end in heaven...

AND FOR THE ONES THAT SAY: "YOU SHOULDN'T CARE ABOUT"... You really should; think that they will not go to heaven and not enjoy the really good party up there...

Apart... Why would I would get married with a Man, having so much women that I really dont know ??????
    If you DON'T believe (What A Pitty !!! You really dont imagine what you are loosing), then pls use the common sense...
    It's not right to have sex with a man (supossing you are a man) !!!

Oh by the way... Your God will never beat my God...

This is the type of cr@p i was talking about. If we wanted to talk about the religious views of gay relationships then the topic would of be something like "religion and gay marriage" or something along them lines.

Honest some people are like a dog with a bone.

All I have to say to this is ppffttt.
    Last edited by wolfie1980; 03-10-2004 at 06:16 PM.

Originally posted by PAlexC
    Because in America, the only thing one man should put in another is a bullet.

/bill maher

Paul Mooney on Tough Crowd made a point I semi-agree with. This whole Gay marraige thing is a red herring to keep our minds and arguments off of Iraq, Afghanistan, the economy, and our terrible foreign policies. There's no need to worry until they start jailing people for it.
    You know I agree. Whilst I don't live in the USA, I can see it's logic.

Re: God Said So...

snip

Holy crap. It's Hurricane's evil Argentinian twin!

d.
    dlowe93

Originally posted by TheOriginalFlashDavo
    Certainly a strong discussion about a very strong - and very important - issue, but I certainly don't see anything nastier than I would be discussing in a pub with a few mates. Have a couple of drinks and contribute your opinion. The answer to many of life's problems can sometimes come from the most unlikliest of sources...
    Davo, you hit the nail on the head. Flaskit needs more beer. And maybe a dart board.

Serioiusly, despite the few potholes, i think this has been one of the most civil disussions about a very controversial topic i've ever seen on Flashkit. I'm very passionate about the subject, but so are others, and generally speaking we have all behaved ourselves.

Thank you all. Er. most all.

d.
    dlowe93

Spartan Mop Warrior Loyal Rogue's Avatar
    Originally posted by wolfie1980
    This is the type of cr@p i was talking about. If we wanted to talk about the religious views of gay relationships then the topic would of be something like "religion and gay marriage" or something along them lines.

Honest some people are like a dog with a bone.

All I have to say to this is ppffttt.

While I agree with you, wolfie, that the above is pure crap that doesn't add anything to the conversation, you can't avoid bringing religion into this topic as it is usually a person's religious upbringing that drives their opinion about moral issues like homosexuality.
    You would have as much success keeping religion out of a debate on abortion...

Once you take the religious/moral imprinting out of the picture and look at the issue from a strictly legal standpoint then it doesn't become so much of a debate.
    It is pretty black and white in my opinion.
    You can't give special rights to one group of citizens over another group based on race, age, sexuality, or any number of designations.
    So long as the government is involved in a subject, the government must treat that subject and be ruled by the same guidelines as it is in all other matters equally.

The bottom line is either give the gays the same rights as the straights or get the government completely out of the institution of marriage and turn it back into a religious matter.

<Tangent>
    As a follow-up to my earlier tangent about topless rights...
    You can read about it here: http://www.wtev.com/news/state/story...1-11FC806ACB49
    </Tangent>
    ::
    "Just go make web and stfu already." - jAQUAN

"Twitter is a public display of verbal diarrhea that comes out in small squirts." - Gerbick

Originally posted by wolfie1980
    gees maybe i should just point the finger, maybe then the wrong people might stop standing up. LOL.

not u either gerbick.

*points finger at jide*

maybe that will solve some problems
    And I thought you were talking about me...

"Twitter is a public display of verbal diarrhea that comes out in small squirts." - Gerbick

Paul Mooney on Tough Crowd made a point I semi-agree with. This whole Gay marraige thing is a red herring to keep our minds and arguments off of Iraq, Afghanistan, the economy, and our terrible foreign policies.
    and... it's working.

I whole-heartedly believe that the timing of this with an election year is NO coincidence.

If you DON'T believe (What A Pitty !!! You really dont imagine what you are loosing), then pls use the common sense...

My common sense tells me that any relgion has its own fables to tell, so we can have a base to use for the strength of our inner morals. I am born a Catholic, and through MY OWN decision, I became agnostic. I went through all the church, sunday school drivel, and I learned that not everything in print can be believed 100%. Unless any of us WERE there at the time God created the Earth, Adam and Eve, and saw Jesus born, with our own eyes, the bible is a fanciful book of fairy tales that we can either choose to take into our hearts and learn the lessons from such stories ( ie fables), or take it for the worth of the paper its written on, and use our own intellect, to decide what is good for ourselves.

And don't preach to me about what I am loosing. Since you have no idea who I am.

It's not right to have sex with a man (supossing you are a man) !!!
    You suppose wrong on both counts. Through-out nature, in the animal kingdom there are many species of animals that are homsexual

Oh by the way... Your God will never beat my God...
    Doubt that Zeus could be beaten up by any God, cept maybe his father. Or hell, even Madam Pele can dish out a fury that would scare any male god into doing whatever she commands.

Originally posted by WizyWyg
    My common sense tells me that any relgion has its own fables to tell, so we can have a base to use for the strength of our inner morals. I am born a Catholic, and through MY OWN decision, I became agnostic. I went through all the church, sunday school drivel, and I learned that not everything in print can be believed 100%. Unless any of us WERE there at the time God created the Earth, Adam and Eve, and saw Jesus born, with our own eyes, the bible is a fanciful book of fairy tales that we can either choose to take into our hearts and learn the lessons from such stories ( ie fables), or take it for the worth of the paper its written on, and use our own intellect, to decide what is good for ourselves.

And don't preach to me about what I am loosing. Since you have no idea who I am.

Hey hey.....come on.....cool down here.
    We are not here to cut each others throat.
    Everyone has a right to his own view.....but plz don't get personal with each other.
    We all are discussing on a very sensitive issue. We are not discussing abt religion. So plz let us all keep religion out of this topic and talk only abt the homosexuality issue.
    only stupid people look for logic in the chambers of the human heart

Paul Mooney on Tough Crowd made a point I semi-agree with. This whole Gay marraige thing is a red herring to keep our minds and arguments off of Iraq, Afghanistan, the economy, and our terrible foreign policies. There's no need to worry until they start jailing people for it.
    Good point - unless they do actually change the constitution to discriminate against gays as Bush proposes.
    Michezo Youth Initiative - donate | Into Kenya | Naked Chronicles | Mark Bingham - my friend, America's hero

To help new members fit into Flashkit, three rules they forgot to tell you on signup: Rule #1: Learn Group Think, and behave accordingly | Rule #2: Do as certain Mods say, not as they do. | Rule #3: If you're from outside the US, don't at any time criticise, allude or hyperlink to criticism of the US or any of their laws, policies or practices. | Enjoy your time at Flashkit!

Originally posted by ashlaz
    So plz let us all keep religion out of this topic and talk only abt the homosexuality issue.
    That would be fine, but the only arguments aganst gay marraige are moral ones derived from religious teachings, whether direct or accepted as the "mainstream", derived from a time when religion dominated all our lives.

So really impossible to keep religion out of the discussion. And afterall, if it wasn't for the strength of the religious right in the US, I don't think we'd be having this debate at all 'cos Bush would not have raised the issue as such a "major" one in an election year.

Anyway, I thought this thread had faded onto the second page. Who went and reignited it anyway?? As much as I'll always join in with gusto in a good debate, even I can see this running around in circles while faith and beliefs are involved.
    Last edited by TheOriginalFlashDavo; 03-11-2004 at 01:20 AM.
    Michezo Youth Initiative - donate | Into Kenya | Naked Chronicles | Mark Bingham - my friend, America's hero

To help new members fit into Flashkit, three rules they forgot to tell you on signup: Rule #1: Learn Group Think, and behave accordingly | Rule #2: Do as certain Mods say, not as they do. | Rule #3: If you're from outside the US, don't at any time criticise, allude or hyperlink to criticism of the US or any of their laws, policies or practices. | Enjoy your time at Flashkit!

This will be the last time I post on thei thread...
    This is what need to be known...

1 Corinthians 6

9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
    8None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9However, as it is written:
    "No eye has seen,
    no ear has heard,
    no mind has conceived
    what God has prepared for those who love him"[2] -- 10but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:8-9-10

This will be the last time I post on thei thread...
    Thank God for that then...

GoldMember
    Hey! I wrote my paper on that ! Here it is! (dont know about the spacing though, it was saved as txt from wordperfect)
    Attached Files Attached Files

GoldMember
    ..and if that isn't convincing, here is an interview that I did wiht Andrew Koppelman! One of the 4 most knowledgable people on gay marriage in America!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I applaude your efforts.
    Short and to the point.

When you boil this whole debate down to its essence, the arguements against gay marriage are nothing more than bigotry and discrimination, no matter how they are veiled or rationalized.

This issue provokes such a strong reaction because the majority of the population is deeply ingrained/indoctrinated with "moral values" that are in direct conflict with the desire to think of oneself as an unbigoted and "good" person.
    Therefor the object of their discrimination must be in the wrong for them to continue holding onto their bias and still feel good about themself.

[/playing psychologist]

okay this was sent to me from admirablesublim as a PM msg.

then what ???
    Then what ???... Do you think ciewing this, from the religious point of view, is CRAP ?... Then I don't know what the hell do you have in your head...
    Tell u what... Let's not consider this topic from that point of view... Can you stand living with man kissing another ?... No way...

Tell u what, try reading and understanding this thread a little more. maybe you would realise I am a gay man and no it doesn't bother me seeing 2 men kiss.

From my point of view religion has nothing to do with the way a country is run. Being that there are so many religions these days there is no possible way the government should be allowed to side with any one of them.

I also read the paper and have noticed that a temporary ban on gay marriage has been set in San Franisco for the time being. A sad day indeed for all who seek to be more legally equal. Just over 4000 couples were joined in San Franisco, that should say something shouldn't it.