dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Order entry - Difficult?

Order entry - Difficult?

Can anyone tell how hard it might be to set up someone with an order entry system? Is there special software that a host site has to provide so that a viewer of can enter information, that is collected by the host and transmitted to their clients computer.
    Dave S.
    Creating, the ultimate passion
    www.dittomark.com

I am posting a reply made to me on the subject of ORDER ENTRY and the difficulty in setting it up. It appears that it is no more difficult that placing a form on the system with emailing capabilities. Here is a post made my Pellepiano who is always so helpful in these matters. He had questions regarding what I meant by "order entry." If anyone else wants to weigh in on this question, I would appreciate it, because as simple as it sounds I have to figure out how to set up an email form with the sketching ability.

Hello Pellepiano,

Thanks for the reply. I will go on the MX message board and post my reply so others can benefit from your good advice. But to answer your questions on this email also, by order entry, I mean that the customer can see an order form, he will be able to fill in the blanks specifying quantity, description, and price, if he knows it and be able to email it to the company along with any questions he might have and of course he would specify his address and all that stuff. Another feature which is almost essential with this type of product is a way to make a sketch of the configuration and send that also. This product is flashing material for metal roofing systems. Many flashings are not standard and require sketches including angles and lengths of each side of the flashing and which side is colored.

The paypal suggestion I will follow up on. Thanks. I had forgotten about paypal even though I am set up with them for buying all kinds of things on ebay.

Regarding the storage of data, I know that is more complicated. At this point, I just want a simple email order form with the sketching ability.

Thanks a bunch for your help.

Dave
    Dave S.
    Creating, the ultimate passion
    www.dittomark.com