A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help with HighScores for all

Can someone help me with FlashGuru's Highscore PHP? I have sent him an email and posted a message. He must be too busy for me.

I keep getting file not found on the reply. I'm trying to use the default setting in the PHP file (display 7 scores and use file.txt). All files are in the same dir and users can write to the file.txt

any ideas?

Senior Moderator
    Hi matety sorry about my late reply Yes you are right i am very busy but i am never too busy to not help Flashkit members!!Must Have Lost your e-mail amongst all the rest!!

Anyway,If you download the fiel now it should work i have made a few changes!!!!

If not e-mail me again and i will sort it for you this time!!!

Regards Flashguru

Senior Moderator
    Hi matety sorry about my late reply Yes you are right i am very busy but i am never too busy to not help Flashkit members!!Must Have Lost your e-mail amongst all the rest!!

Anyway,If you download the file now it should work i have made a few changes!!!!
    http://www.btinternet.com/~guywatson/highscores.zip

If not e-mail me again and i will sort it for you this time!!!

Regards Flashguru

[Edited by FlashGuru on 06-22-2000 at 06:34 PM]

Thanks for the help. I'm trying to test the new one you just posted and I keep getting "file not found". I'm trying it in a folder on my HD and on the web.

I basically unzipped it into a folder and used the default PHP settings

Another way?

Hi,

Is there another way to send the variables? What i need is to pass the variables but i do not the user to be able to change the values. In this case i think if the user changes the url he can change his score, am i right?

Regards

Paulo