A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Oh no! No no! Adverts on FlashKit are one thing but...

Oh no! No no! Adverts on FlashKit are one thing but...

now they have sound!?

Stinking Robo Demo ads, as if they were'nt big enough, now they talk at you!
    It take ages to load FK's forum index on my bandwidth now becase of the stupid talking ads!

I didn't mind them before but now, now they're annoying me.
    - I made this!
    http://www.okkle.co.uk - creatures, art, animation and toys!
    Toilet Trumps

That reminds me of that stupid bunny pop-up we had a while back.

Not fair is it?

Not fair at all!

I mean the minimum amount of ads on anyone page that I've seen is 8, 2 above the log and 6 under the page contents. How much money exactly does FK generate from these ads?
    - I made this!
    Toilet Trumps

Running Plodding & Limping SpockBert's Avatar
    Originally posted by Olly K
    How much money exactly does FK generate from these ads?
    Hopefully enough to keep it going for a long time to come.

Its the best resource on the web, can't speak for yourself but I know I'd be devastated if it disappeared. All the tutes, movies, sounds, loops and knowledge passed on in the forums, they're worth their weight in gold.

So if they have to have a few adverts in order to keep the best site on the net free for the likes of you and me I still reckon we got a good deal don't you?

Ihoss
    i concur!

Originally posted by SpockBert
    Its the best resource on the web, can't speak for yourself but I know I'd be devastated if it disappeared. All the tutes, movies, sounds, loops and knowledge passed on in the forums, they're worth their weight in gold.

So if they have to have a few adverts in order to keep the best site on the net free for the likes of you and me I still reckon we got a good deal don't you?
    I certainly agree! But the fact that I have to wait 3 mins for the forums to load because of that one advert annoys me!
    Couldn't FK just go back to the no-sound ones? Surely they were getting enough money from it before?
    - I made this!
    Toilet Trumps

I do not believe ads with sound will stay, I think the bunny one was put there without realization of its sound.

h
    On That Note Forums - 1200 members and counting...
    "...our focus remains on the music."

Could the sound not be optional, I mean it appears to be a Flash file so why not have a 'click to hear more info' button and then it stream the sound.

I mean if anything this ad has annoyed me and put me off buying the product now, before I didn't have a clue what it did but it caught my attention with the purple ball thing whizzing around, well actually I think it was mainly the purple but...
    - I made this!
    Toilet Trumps

Ihoss
    i guess FK doesnt like the sound either, so they charge extra for it

They should pay at least double plus annoyance tax for sound in their adverts

[edit]Ooohh the threads been moved![/edit]
    - I made this!
    Toilet Trumps

remember that a lot of the ads for other parts of the internet.com network and are probably unpaid reciprocal ads.

I agree though, having sound on ads is just horrible, it's the ultimate annoyance, but I don't think flashkit has any control over the content of ads as they're 'included' from other sites on a rotation. Hopefully someone will have a look at this and change the ad before I deliberately go out to a computer shop and not buy a copy of robodemo, then come home...

No I can't do it by tommorow.. 1stbite's Avatar
    Originally posted by aversion
    Hopefully someone will have a look at this and change the ad before I deliberately go out to a computer shop and not buy a copy of robodemo, then come home...

lmao...
    and in a blink of an eye...
    Media and Multimedia Courses in Nottingham - First Diploma | IMedia | HND | Foundation Degrees | BA(Hons) Top Ups.

Give a Twit a chance!

Originally posted by aversion
    remember that a lot of the ads for other parts of the internet.com network and are probably unpaid reciprocal ads.

I agree though, having sound on ads is just horrible, it's the ultimate annoyance, but I don't think flashkit has any control over the content of ads as they're 'included' from other sites on a rotation. Hopefully someone will have a look at this and change the ad before I deliberately go out to a computer shop and not buy a copy of robodemo, then come home...
    Rofl!
    Well I guess it has to be put up with. Hopefully as you said the makers of these ads will realise that this is indeed the ultimate annoyance (more so than those ones that pop up and jiggle about saying 'you have mail') and change their ways
    - I made this!
    Toilet Trumps

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™
    They probably get away with it because you have to rollover the ad in order for the sound to start. They assume that means user interaction.

That's not fair I didn't even realise I rolled over it
    - I made this!
    Toilet Trumps

That's not fair
    Lol, i think thats the idea.. =)
    Penis Inches: Your Answer.
    www.penisinches.com

i second that motion

I'm writing in protest of FK's chunky advertisments. Even with my broadband connection it's still slow. The amount of ads is ridiculous.

Seeing that this site is mostly viewed by web designers/developers shouldn't FK try to stick to good web practices and reduce the size of their pages. I haven't seen pages this scrappy and unorganised since i last went to yahoo.com
    Hey FK, its called 'white space',try using it some time. It helps people view web pages without their eyes popping out of their head.

I have seen plenty of other great resource sites that use a 1/4 the ads FK use, so dont give me that crap about them needing the ads to stay online. Do something about it or your losing this frequent visitor.
    If a stranger offers u a lift I say take it