A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Where to start???

I"m a recent grad of graphic design and I'm interested in creating an online portfolio using flash. I"m picking up bits and pieces but am looking for a full comprehensive guide. Is there a book,online course,site on how to build a flashsite? I have already made a homepage,buttons,menu. I just don know %$#@ about programming. Where do I start???

Smile

start with the tutorial in flash kit and look at the movies section is a good way to start.

I seen lot of books about flash, but none is more resourceful than online forum such as this one.

good luck

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

You should look at what is availible here in the movie section. Action Script is poorly documented. You have to find what you can and build off of it. I'm no programer either. Some of the better lessons are in a project called "Grand Master Flashes Action Script Project" at www.were-here.com. I hope this helps. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

Angry

Thanks for the prompt replies. I realized I had a trial of Dreamweaver and tried it out. It seems like a friendly enough program so I think Ill try It out. I seem to learn fastest by just jumping in. Any suggestions on a good host? Thank again.

Smile

dreamweaver and flash is totally a different web application.

as for the host, if you looking for free web hosting, some famous web hosting like tripod.com, geocities.com etc provide good hosting service.

I am using www.ewebcity.com because it's free, doesn't have any pop up commercial banner and support ASP. But, it doesn't provide ftp.

so, you might wanna to look around and find which web hosting serve you best.

------------------