A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: http://www.mojosity.com

http://www.mojosity.com

(Sorry for the cross post with Member Sites. What's the diff?)

Hi all. As always, the Flashkit community has been integral to the completion of my web endeavors. I have just finished my personal portfolio, and would value any feedback you all could provide. Thanks!

http://www.mojosity.com

Ryan

Hi

I personally do not like navs that i have to hunt for as they are irritating I also think that you should include a proper contact form on your site as defaulting to the users Email is not as slick

That said I like the look of your site and once I had found the nav I was able to move around your site well I also liked the abstractness of the shapes and colours and thought it had a good feel about it

LJD

You have some awsome animation/ps skills. I think the site is lacking though. I agree on the above about the menu. I personaly dont like to have to go searching for it.
    Josh

Thanks for the comments, they are very much appreciated.

Allow me some defense:

LJD -
    When the site pops up, there is only one thing on the screen. Was it really that much of a hunt to be considered irritating? I've watched people navigate the site, and they always immediately went to the "Mojosity" logo, and often said "Oh!" I think that's cool, because it gave the site a sense of exploration. Along the same lines, each shape animates on different, so the user wants to explore each section.

I also didn't want the Nav menu visible the entire time, because I thought it would detract graphically from the layout.

That being said, I did anticipate people begrudging the lack of a traditional visible nav. I just decided I'd rather have people looking at my site under my terms, being patient to appreciate the elegance of the movement and shape layout.

R -
    What else is lacking in your eyes, besides the nav?

I hope I don't come across as pissed or overly defensive. I would just like to get a dialog going to learn from. Thanks for the replies!

Ryan

When I first went to the site and got the logo bottom right, of course I scrolled my mouse over to it. When I did that, I instinctively went right to the middle of the logo. Took me awhile to find the other menu sections. All I thought you had was a web section.
    Just may take users a little time to figure it out.
    Josh

Ahh...I thought you meant you didn't see that it was a nav at all. I can see that then. I was thinking perhaps when the site first opens up, the individual buttons could each animate to the "on" state individually (rather quickly) just to show what's available. Is that too over the head, or might that solve some problems?

I dunno if that would work or not. After looking at some of your work, well all of it, there are only about 2 picutures that seemed to go with the style of the site. The Diva Duets, and the Black Comedy thing. Most of your work seems to have this style.

Id like to see a theme like this picture incorporated into your site some how. Im just not feeling the moving block things.

Hope I didnt make things worse for ya. I am by far no one special to listen to.
    Good luck!
    Josh

Actually, most of the animations on my site are the styles of various creative directors I've worked for. I'm just an animator. If you'd compare the animation styles of my work and my site, then you'd see that they fit together pretty well. (imho)

And, again, everyone has different tastes, so I would never assume that everyone would like my style. I was hoping more for opinions on the site as a whole, taking the style and ideaology I was proposing, the way things flow and fit together.

But, don't get me wrong, I am valuing your comments. While I won't change the look of my site based on your input, your ideas were considered. Thank you so much for taking to time to write.

Hi

I know why you did the nav like you did. I just do not think people would applaud you for it when all they want to do is nav quickly round your site

Nav is a nuisance to web designers because it spoils all the lines but web users have the attention span of gnats and demand certain things and i am afraid one of them is a visable nav bar.

LJD

tell me, is this sellable..... OddDog's Avatar
    a navegacion system that induces in the visitor a sense of exploracion. sounds like a really bad idea to me.

navegacion needs to be simple and conventional, that way EVERYBODY can find what they are looking for on your site.