A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: button problem in drop down menu

button problem in drop down menu

Following step-by-step instructions from a HOT manual, substituting my own button graphics from those supplied, I created a drop down menu. Problem is, when I click on one of the main manu buttons to reveal the sub-menu, all the other main menu buttons start blinking, repeatedly running through the up, over, down, hit modes.
    What have I done wrong? Any ideas?
    Thanks!

Between Flash & Flashkit timothye's Avatar
    it sounds to me like you need a stop in there when you call that sub menu ..
    I want to learn .
    wannabe flasher [ Actionscript 2.0 ]

That happens to me when the buttons are changed from a "button" behavior to a movieclip. Click on the button and, in the properties pallette, above the instance name, there is a drop down menu. Make sure it is "button".
    The other day, I bought a box of animal crackers. On the side, it said "Do Not Eat if Seal is Broken". I opened the box and sure enough...

problem solved

regarding the drop down menu button problem--I FINALLY found out what was wrong, and it was in fact that the other buttons in the menu were 'movie clips' and not 'buttons' -- the one that is 'active' is graphic, as it should be. So thanks for the advice.
    BPD