A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash MX help with loading mc's in an array through linkage instances PLZ HELP!!!

Flash MX help with loading mc's in an array through linkage instances PLZ HELP!!!

ok...i am trying to create this dynamic content movie in flash mx...if you are willing to help i have provided links to the files and it is a really cool and dynamic menu system imo...it is scripted to call upon the mc with the linkage instance of "section" and dump it into the empty holder "container_mc"...i thought i had scripted it correctly so that if i were to add more movie clips with linkage instances named section_1, section_2, etc i thought i had scripted the:

_root.content_mc.attachMovie("section", "section_"+i, itemDepth);
    curItem = content_mc["section_"+i];

would create an enviornment that would call on those other movie clips externally and replace them with the previous movie clips as the user clicks the top buttons or scrolls...the problem i am having is that i can't for the life of me figure out why the only instance the actionscript is recognizing is the initial "section" movie clip and no others...PLEASE HELP...i am on day 4 of messing with this thing and i am loosing what little mind i have left by the miinute

i have added a link below with both zip and sit versions of my working file...please feel free to dl and take a peek

zip file
    mac files

The parameters for attachMovie are
    code:
    _root.attachMovie(idName, newName, depth)

. The way you have it now, Flash is attaching a movie called "section" and renaming it "section_#". You need to do
    code:
    _root.attachMovie("section_"+i, "newSection_"+i, itemDepth)

The other day, I bought a box of animal crackers. On the side, it said "Do Not Eat if Seal is Broken". I opened the box and sure enough...

so how should i name the instances under the linkage properties for the new movies?