A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Auto Resize Flash Movie Into Dreamweaver ?????

Auto Resize Flash Movie Into Dreamweaver ?????

say you make a movie in flash @ 800 x 500 pixels, when you import it into dreamweaver, how do you make it so it always plays in full screen ??? when i import my 'swf file into d/w & F12 review it, it just sits in the middle of the screen with white edges around it.

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JJ79

A.!

Set the width and height to 100% after clicking on flash movie in dreamweaver, then go to modify > page properties and set all 4 margin widths to 0

that should open it full screen but will stretch movie!
    ;-)

on the publish setting page in flash - do u set the scale to exact fit ???? ive tried sending it at 100% & removing all margins but its still sitting in the middle of the screen ???

JJ79
    The way I would do it is to just save the swf file and open a new HTML in dreamweaver, then adjust the settings in there to be 100% H&W..... and then set all 4 margin widths to 0

also
    *Make sure you havent used the FScommand within you movie that sets the scale to false
    ;-)

being really thick now !!! how do u adjust the settings in d/w to be 100% even when i preview it in flash theres a white border around it !!

JJ79
    Have a look at image
    Last edited by jonnyP; 05-03-2010 at 03:02 PM.
    ;-)

jonnyp ur a star - now it looks like the preview in flash.
    one problem though - theres still a thin white section around the perview any ideas - must b something i'm doing within flash

JJ79
    in dreamweaver go to
    modify > page properties

and set all 4 margin widths to 0

that should sort it!

no probs jp
    ;-)

no mate - still got the white border ?????

JJ79
    It should work... either you have a space before the movie in dreamweaver or you are not up to the edge of the page in your flash file?
    ;-)

i havent got a scooby - ive tried everything - normally it shouldnt give me a border when previewing in flash. Im stumped - gonna have to dig thru the manual - c if that brings anything up. just did another quick new file in flash - previewed it & still got the border. Plums !!!!!!! any ideas welcome

JJ79
    yeah I see the problem... Flash doesent like to stretch certain objects.... Im sures theres a way... but can figure it out, I usually build my sites so they they have a colour background left and right.... therefore just have the matching colour in the HTML page in dreamweaver.

Maybe post another question asking if & how to do it! sorry not much more help!
    ;-)

Gackter
    it'd be easier to understand the problem if u could post your file here. If you've set all four margins in dreamweaver to zero, and have scale = exact fit or no border, no reason why it didn't work. The problem could have been your flash file instead.