A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Preloader With Custom Image

Preloader With Custom Image

I have this project I'm working on, in which I will need a superbly animated intro. The file size will be large, and I need a preloader. I don't know too much about them, but I was wondering if it would be possible to use the file I provided as an indicator as to how much is loaded.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When it comes to believing in god, I relaly tried
    -George Carlin
    I guess heartbreak's a fire, and I got burned
    -Home Grown

Sure.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The other day, I bought a box of animal crackers. On the side, it said "Do Not Eat if Seal is Broken". I opened the box and sure enough...

Well thank you for that, but I put a large file size mp3 in the second frame, and the preoloader won't show up (it may just be that the computers I tested it on are quite fast, as my slow computer is currently restoring). Also, could you please explain what steps you took to make this preloader?
    When it comes to believing in god, I relaly tried
    -George Carlin
    I guess heartbreak's a fire, and I got burned
    -Home Grown

Sure thing. Preloading sounds is different, you may want to check oldnewbies preloader in the MX section... but here's how the preloader is made.

Since preloaders are percentage based, you have to have some kind of visual indicator that is able to have 100 parts, or a scale of something, or in your case, an MC that will move according to what percent has loaded.

The image you gave me is 28 frames long, so you have to find the relationship of that in terms of 100%. 100 divided by 28 is 3.57142857142857. Change it in your version when you get the chance. So now that is found, you can base the total (100%) in 28 frames.

Some math, dividing, and gotoAndStop(tot/3.57142857142857) gives you the answer.

Hope this made sense!

Steve
    The other day, I bought a box of animal crackers. On the side, it said "Do Not Eat if Seal is Broken". I opened the box and sure enough...