A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: "Fade Out" doesn't

"Fade Out" doesn't

I'm a new user of Wildform Wild fx, and the first thing I wanted to do was have a banner of text that fades out. However, when I apply either "Fade Out" or "Fade In," the effect is the same: the letters appear one at a time until the text is complete. That's it.

The parameters under the Customize tab for the two effects are slightly different: for "Fade In," the only parameter listed is a speed of 70; for "Fade Out," I get a speed of 70, and a Fade Delay of 10. I'm sure the effect doesn't work right because changing the delay to 1 doesn't do anything.

I even exported the effect and looked at it in QuickTime to make sure it wasn't just a buggy preview pane.

Has anyone else had this glitch, and can anyone offer any kind of advice on debugging it?

Thanks,

Amy

Replying to myself just to add some info to this thread.

I just tried "Fade Out" again, with the same font I was using previously, however with a solid fill rather than a radial gradient...and now it works fine.

So, maybe it's just buggy with a gradient applied - I'm just glad I found a way to use it.

Amy

Wildform Moderator
    Hi.
    I'm assuming you are referring to Wild FX Pro.
    The fades should work fine regardless of the fill you use.
    However, you have to be aware of how many frames long your effect is. If your effect is only 4 frames long you can't add a fade longer than 4 frames. The way to deal with this is to add frames. You can do this using the "Insert __ frames at start/end" features in the Video tab.
    You can see how long your effect is by looking at the output .swf information listed under the text entry field.
    jb

Hi, Jonathan.

No, I'm not using WildFX Pro; just WildFX.

I think the effect may just be buggy or something; the only parameter that I changed was the nature of the fill (from gradient to solid). I didn't change the number of frames from the default; it just didn't work with a radial gradient.

Thanks anyway,

Amy

Wildform Moderator
    But Wild FX does not have a fade out feature.
    jb

Nonetheless, I do not have WildFX Pro. The effect must be one of the extras I got with PowerFX - sorry I didn't mention that before.

Amy