A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: almost done....

almost done....

I am almost done (minus the contact page -- waiting for some more info on that) with a site for an actress/voiceover artist.

http://www.marshmallowpie.com/client...eanSplash.html

Click the pop up link...the normal link does not work yet as well.

Please let me know any problems -- design or functional -- you find with the site. Tear it a new one, all!

RH
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Yay for diagonal lines!!
    The only thing that stood out to me was the resume section. When clicking on the diferrent parts, I didnt like the white background. Would have rather seen the diagonal lines. Other than that, nice work!

Great transitions. The whole feel of the site was good. Good color combination too. Nice and simple with not alot of clutter.

RhameJ - Thanks - and I'm glad you liked the diagonal lines - I played with about 20 different textures before I settled on that one. I agree with you on the resume page. I think I'd like a nicer transition on that one too. Smoooooove like the rest!

Cheg4 - Thanks on the transitions. I worked a lot on those to try and get them to flow through the whole thing. I;m glad you liked the small-form of the thing. She has a lot of content - but I felt like working with a square instead of widescreen format for a change.

Anyone else?

RH

The Excentrifugal Force SSC Cosmic's Avatar
    Hey nice job! I particularly liked the combination of rollover and tooltip on the photo gallery.

Just picking at a few things:
    I felt the pics of her in the black sleeveless low neck dress were, I don't know, I don't want to sound rude, but the outfit is a bit childish or something for a bust shot. Maybe it's just the washed look to the skin tone, the camera wasn't as good to her as it should have been perhaps, and some color correction would get the sultry feel back. I'm sure that in RL she looks great in it, but it wasn't right for the site, felt forced. The other photos were very good, she has a captivating smile and drop-dead eyes.

Audio clip 1 and video clip 1 both have sound quality issues (or my speakers do, who knows?). Audio1 has a staticky quality to it on the brighter voice tones, and video1 is all lispy sounding.
    Video2 appeared to be a pretty old clip. Is this intentional? I got a "has been" feeling from it, not a promotional "hire me I rock" feeling. Maybe that clip should be tucked away in her memory books and her very latest work brought out for the site.

Just mho. Nice, nice job on the site. Color scheme, typog, layout, 3d feel, all good. I took some notes.

John
    if (you expect help){
    then.help(others);
    }else{
    gotoAndCheck.aSite4.somePoorBastardinSiteChex;
    }

Thanks, Cosmic.

For the photos, what I did is put all 20 up that she gave me. I figure I can go back to her, now that she can see them and have her filter out the bad ones.

The video and audio - I couldn't agree more. She is still getting me some new audio mixes and video files. These were the placeholders until I can get the real thing.

Thanks for the input!

RH

...anyone else?