A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: rough concept that i might work with - need opinions

rough concept that i might work with - need opinions

Hey sup guys, i wanted to get your opinions, as I know you all tell the honest truth when it comes down to visual quality & functionality etc, basically Ive been working on our current design for a few weeks (about to release and updated version) its the flash-side @t http://www.cgnemedia.com . Ive been basically debating to myself, whether i should scrap the current flash site for the new one, but before i do that i want to get ur feedback. Now heres the new layout Im working on, i wanted to get away from my old style of free-flow design, i wanted to get into making my interfaces more organized and better looking, heres the link:

http://cgnation.net/Flash/cgnemedia/xmlnewsblog3.html

Now as for what i needed suggestions for, u'll notice theres no menu when u go see this layout, that is due to the fact that I wanted to make this interface straight-forward, and is based around the mainpage, but Im starting to think that Ill want to create some independant sections. Aswell when i have time, Ill add white pop-up windows, when u go over those pixel art icons i made, ie: u go over the email envelope, u'll get this white pop-up with our sales & info email addresses, etc for each icon. Cool idea, or what do u guys suggest ? Im kinda stumped, but i have some extra ideas i can mess around with ;p
    consultant / contractor / designer

I like the new layout and your ideas quite a lot.

Perhaps the text could be a little larger (in fact the entire page is quite small at my screen res 1280 X 1024).

My only other gripe is the icons. They look crappy to me and don't fit in with the style of the site.
    .:- bugger -:.

Hmmm interesting, thnx for the feedback, Ill take your comments into consideration !!

Between Flash & Flashkit timothye's Avatar
    very nice ..
    but im bot usually the 1 to say ,but your enter btn needs to have a bg ..other wise i had to struggle to get inot the site ..
    (the blinnking cursor effect when there isnt a background )
    otherwise nice !
    cheers
    I want to learn .
    wannabe flasher [ Actionscript 2.0 ]

totally cute. i like the round boxes on the left. and the icons (tool, envelope, man, etc) are cute cauz they remind me of a really old video game!
    ---------------------------------
    http://www.heathercash.com

thnx for the feedbacks guys, i really appreaciate it !!