A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sony vs. HP vs. Dell

Sony vs. HP vs. Dell

I am looking to upgrade to a new machine. Currently I have Dell but it is out of the question as there customer support has gone down hill. I am looking at an HP and Sony both top of the line using PIV 3.2 ghz and decked out all the way. They measure up fairly equally but I wanted to get some feedback from those who currently have an HP or a Sony PC and their likes and dislikes.
    "Leading the business of today into the future of tomorrow"

I own two sony vaios and one hp laptop. I used to say i loved both BUT HP is no longer hp it is now just a front for compaq. Now I hate compaq everything about them. I have had no problems from my vaios I love them my old 800 mhz vaio is still running like a champ and my newer 2.3 ghz is beautiful freaking beautiful btw sony has great customer support as well also they just look better lol
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

I have an HP laptop too. No problems with it. I will NEVER buy a com-qrap (compaq) though. I had one a while back it was the biggest hunk of ****.

The Sony's I am looking at come with XP Media. How does this compare to XP Pro?
    "Leading the business of today into the future of tomorrow"

XP media comes with alot more video editing type programs. I've never really sat down and played with them cause i have my programs I like. I have never had a problem with my hp either but i bought mine before they were bought out by concrap. If you go to the hp site now and do a search for memory or anything like that it takes you straight to compaqs site. I didnt believe it till I saw it myself. bah I would go with a sony. They seem to also handle the graphic end of things a bit better as well. I kinda think of vaios as the middle ground between a pc and a mac.
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;

i have been buying dells for years, and have yet to have ANYTHING go wrong with them. true, their support is going downhill fast - but when your machine is built so well, who needs support? i haven't owned a sony, but i love all their other gadgets...they're another company that knows how to build things that last. i just have always questioned their PCs since that's not their primary market.

we are now buying compaqs at work, and they are terrible.

waves at pea!!! didn't you move?...did you move back...?

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

I'm also a dell lover but still prefer sony, when it comes to graphics work. I love sony monitors they are great!!

Nord man I was going to move to charlotte but it fell through. I've just been keeping low for a bit. Couldn't find a job in the field so fell back on painting apartments for the past year and a half. Finally I have landed a temp with possible fulltime job (not that i'm counting on it) doing print design for Qouizel. Great company but there webpage makes me cringe lol. I thought you had moved actually. Give a holler man.

Sorry for the partial hijack of the thread. I still say go sony or dell.....
    ------------------