A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Can you set a flash movie to play only once?

Can you set a flash movie to play only once?

Hey everyone, I have a question - if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Is there an actionscript that I can use to make it so that my flash movie plays only once? That is, when I land on my homepage the intro plays, but then after I've been surfing around my site and I come back to the homepage I don't want it to play again. Right now it plays every single time I come back to the homepage. The site is www.greatlakeshomeandresort.com.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

play or load again? cauze you could make a frame on the end on that movie with a stop(); on it. and when you press on the home button you say
    Code:
    on (release) {
    	tellTarget ("your_home_mc") {
    		gotoAndStop(10);
    	}
    }
    and at frame 10(could be any frame you want) it would have the image or mc... whatever you want

Banned
    If I understand you correctly, you should simply condition the playing of your "intro" movie clip. Simply set a variable ( like _level0.intro_has_played = true; ) at the end of your "intro", and start it off whith a check of that variable on a first blank keyframe...
    code:

if(_level0.intro_has_played == true){
    this.stop();
    }else{
    this.play();
    }

Unless your whole site is Flash, you probably want to use a cookie or a shared object (shared objects are like cookies but are created and used within Flash) to set whether someone has viewed the intro before or not.