A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: cant get no button love...

cant get no button love...

hello, this is my first tioem really with Flash, and i created an animated menu that drops down as the page loads, but the buttons dont do what the actions ive assigned them say to do

the menu runs... then stops with the buttons displayed. the button in question is "Who I Be". I made a scene called "bio" and assigned the action ( on release gotoAndPlay ("bio",1) ) to the button. obviously i actually wrote the code out i didnt write it like that

anyway, when im in the .fla and i have buttons enabled, i press "Who I Be" and w00t it goes to "bio",1 and plays... like a goodboy.

the problem im having is, when i export or publish the .fla... the menu runs and all, but when i click on the button, it just reloads and re-runs the menu animation instead of opening "bio".... ?

anyone got any ideas what's causing this? any help would be much appreciated. Like i said this is my first time with Flash so it's prolly somethin simple to fix. I thank you for your help in advance, and the file is too large to attach, so ill put a link to download it if you wanna look at it.
    peace,
    - rob

http://www.poth.com/index.zip

oh you can also email me at: edifytheman@poth.com
    Last edited by Edificially; 03-02-2004 at 02:12 PM.

Goodbye...
    Try inserting _root. before your AS.

now it says this...

**Error** Symbol=menubar, layer=bio, frame=26:Line 1: Expected a field name after '.' operator.
    _root. on (release) {

?

im prolly puttin it in wrong huh?
    thanks for the help though
    -rob

Goodbye...
    Yeah, sorry I should've explained it better.

on(release){
    _root.gotoAndPlay("bio",1);
    }