A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HTML formatiing in Flash Mx

HTML formatiing in Flash Mx

Hi All,

I am having alittle trouble with my dynamic text in flash. I am fine with loading dynamic text into my text box, scolling it etc.

I am having a little troub;e setting up the text to be rendered from html tags.

I have not used the html text function in flash before and would like to know how do I set up my tags in the text document and how I should be setting up the text box in flash to render it properly.

Any help would be great

Thanks
    Pixel Magik

Between Flash & Flashkit timothye's Avatar
    check in the help files ..its all there here is what i found to help you start ..
    TextField.htmlText
    Availability
    Flash Player 6.

Usage
    my_txt.htmlText

Description
    Property; if the text field is an HTML text field, this property contains the HTML representation of the text field's contents. If the text field is not an HTML text field, it behaves identically to the text property. You can indicate that a text field is an HTML text field in the Property inspector, or by setting the text field's html property to true.

Example
    In the following example, the text in the text field text2 is rendered bold.

text2.html = true;
    text2.htmlText = "<b> this is bold text </b>";

See also
    TextField.html

I want to learn .
    wannabe flasher [ Actionscript 2.0 ]

Thanks for your reply,

I had checked the help file and had read what you sent to me. I managed to select the text box and using the properties pane click the html formatting button.

I then went about trying tags in my text document and got as far as making the text bold or normal.

I am trying to create a news section of my site and so want a date which is to be bold then a break and then normal style text and then another bold date and so forth.

I put the tags for bold and plain text to the appropriate sections but the top tag seems to overide the other tags and I am wondering what I am doing wrong in the setup of my text document.

Thanks
    Pixelmagik

Between Flash & Flashkit timothye's Avatar
    ill check back in the morning ..sorry m8 i just got your reply a second ago and im off too sleeep now...1:41 in the morning now ..LOL
    I want to learn .
    wannabe flasher [ Actionscript 2.0 ]

Banned
    Is the font you're using embedded?

Text is much easier to process with xml:
    http://www.flashscript.biz/text/html...htmlinxml.html
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

Hey thanx for your reply Oldnewbie and cancerinform.

Oldnewbie I dont think the fonts are embedded and am wondering what difference that would make. I had selected a generic arial font for the purpose of making the task easier.

Cancerinform thanks for your link I will check it out. I am new to xml but thereis no time likethe present to learn i guess.

Thanx
    pixelmagik