A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Wowhownow

Teh Helpist

Wowhownow

Hey guys, I just finished this site where you can upload your own animations and get reviews and stuff... Anyways I also need official animators for it besides the freelancers who are going to uplaod...
    wowhownow
    Last edited by quinners3; 03-04-2004 at 01:39 AM.

ive been there its supercool!

I was there...total CRAP.

From the BS your memebers throw around. (dont say this..Quinn will get in trouble..etc..etc) a bunch of kids who know NOTHING..but yet open their mouths liek they do...

I read through an entier 15+ pages thread about a combined random animation..that NEVER happened.... (what a waste of MY time)..Im sure the rest of the place is full of "usefull" information and interesting "reads" like this..

one word = KAKA

and the only other guy who posts here is a MEMEBER there? LOL...no wonder its SUPER cool to him..you guys are all "classmates" or something...

-whispers-

Teh Helpist
    Man I just got smoked. Anway... the main site could be good. If the stuff on it is crap. You could submit your own stuff. Thanks anyway though...

I would never purposefully make fun of peoples work with the intent of being rude... but there was NOTHING..... people sumbit stuff that does nothing...or says stupid sayings..acting like its a real "animation"...
    you have one memeber telling others what not to post on the site..acting like the internet police..and in the same breath complain he cant send emails because of his "parental locks"?? Gimmie a break...acts like a "lawyer"..but cant even stay up past dark. I would "proof" the "animations" your members upload..ad keep them "quality"..insted of jokes..and crap.

and I would have uploaded someting for your site..if it was such a joke.

-whispers-

Teh Helpist
    Damn, smoked again. But I can argue that there are some okay animators on the site. Some... haha. Ya, I agree completely in the fact that most of the members early teens and that most of the animations they submit are complete and total crap. But that isn't my fault. Anyways what do you think of the site itself? You know -kiddy member and -crappy animations.

I understand the members upload the animations...but you should "police" it a little no?

-whispers-

Teh Helpist
    I have the ability to delete any animation through a moderator control panel I have scripted (I planned to use it to assign moderators to "police" the site as you described) but I think everyone should get a chance. But I'm scripting a sort of compromise between the two: first of all, a top list that lists a certain number of animations with the highest ratings (automated of course) and secondly, a "police bot" that will delete animations if they recieve a score of 5 or lower for more than 3 days. This way there will be a way to see all the good animations (and did I mention you can submit other file types too?) in one place and an automated system will delete the bad ones after 3 days.

1.yes i will admit that i am crappy at animating but getting better

2.who gives a ****ing **** if im 13 what does that matter

3.we are not classmates in fact most of us live in different states

4. wtf does "KAKA" mean
    Last edited by RandalSuperman; 08-16-2004 at 01:33 PM.

Originally posted by RandalSuperman
    1.yes i will admit that i am crappy at animating but getting better

2.who gives a ****ing **** if im 13 what does that matter

3.we are not classmates in fact most of us live in different states

4. wtf does "KAKA" mean
    1.) doesnt matter if you are crappy animator....as you say "getting better" is ALWAYS in practice (I would never talk about anyones skills in a negative way)...but to polute your site with free downloads or exmaples of rubbish...these werent even taken seriously..and then ask what we feel about the site poluted with garbage..where the members dont even take it seriously.

2.) noone cares that your 13...but dont act like your some lawyer opening your mouth and quoting the "law" and in the same breath cry about your AOL parental controls.. (get it?)

3.) ok...and? (you miseed the point totall)

4. kaka (also see: CRAP)

crap ( P ) Pronunciation Key (krp) Vulgar Slang
    n.
    Excrement.
    An act of defecating.
    Foolish, deceitful, or boastful language.
    Cheap or shoddy material.
    Miscellaneous or disorganized items; clutter.
    Insolent talk or behavior.

-whispers-

Originally posted by whispers
    1.) doesnt matter if you are crappy animator....as you say "getting better" is ALWAYS in practice (I would never talk about anyones skills in a negative way)...but to polute your site with free downloads or exmaples of rubbish...these werent even taken seriously..and then ask what we feel about the site poluted with garbage..where the members dont even take it seriously.

2.) noone cares that your 13...but dont act like your some lawyer opening your mouth and quoting the "law" and in the same breath cry about your AOL parental controls.. (get it?)

3.) ok...and? (you miseed the point totall)

4. kaka (also see: CRAP)

crap ( P ) Pronunciation Key (krp) Vulgar Slang
    n.
    Excrement.
    An act of defecating.
    Foolish, deceitful, or boastful language.
    Cheap or shoddy material.
    Miscellaneous or disorganized items; clutter.
    Insolent talk or behavior.

-whispers-
    let me just say i do not have aol but sbc yahoo dsl so **** you

Rawr ^_^
    Hey I appreciate the efford in making the site and the site IS good and functional...

...the animations tho are horrific. Its cool that some of the guys that posted tried to make something good but I personally would be embarassed to upload something so newbish.

On the positive side tho, it is a way for the new animators to get rated and see where they stand.

Originally posted by RandalSuperman
    let me just say i do not have aol but sbc yahoo dsl so **** you
    LOL...that just goes to show you what a FOOL you really are..

1.) noone even said YOU...I said "a member" as to NOT point names.
    2.) if you that much of a clown that you dont know what or whom I am talking about, especially when YOU were a part of that 10+ page thread I read, then I no longer need to talk to you...you are hopeless. I hope the site owner listens to what people are saying...you posted...we responded. You want a good site..take it seriously..if not..let "rubbish" like this go on.

hahaha...yahoo DSL...I am so "put in my place"....hahahah (your just as bad as that DW idiot)..

"so" done with you "jokes".

predator53-

that was my point as well..they upload "junk" and then want to know if the site is "cool"...but they themselves dont even take it serious..have you read the posts to the animations?..and the replies..etc..etc.. not the type to "learn" anything from...hopefully they get some peeps there who want to help regardless.

-whispers-

Rawr ^_^
    Yeah Have to agree.. posts are like...WOW THIS IS AMAZING or like WOOO SOO FUNNY...in the same time I am looking and the screen with this expression on my face

yes....or they talk to "friends" about spamming the boards...

and topics like:

is (so & so) "cool"
    &
    should I leave the site? (which ends up with a cuss match between two OTHER clowns..and very childish insults...nothing even witty or humorous)

Im wasting to much time on this "site" Quinner3 you at leats had a decent attitude..I wish you the best.

-whispers-

Rawr ^_^
    Yeah seriously...its fun to make fun of them but worthless...Instead if you have AIM im me at adv4nced53...i got a question about action script u might be able to answer!

Teh Helpist
    Hahaha... randalsuperman, you were just owned. Predator, I see where your coming from and I can't really control my members (though I continue trying). I've contemplated changing the name of the site and domain without telling the members so that I might start again with a clean slate. I also know some actionscript myself and if I can't help there is one sane member on my site that knows a lot. What's the problem?