A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Never thought I'd say this but...w00t! to MS.

Never thought I'd say this but...w00t! to MS.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...olasWaitPR.asp

Microsoft Corp. today announced that it will not, for now, implement modifications to its Windows® operating system or Microsoft® Internet Explorer as a result of the Eolas patent lawsuit. Given the present legal status as well as requests made by partners and customers, Microsoft will, for the time being, not move ahead with the modest steps it intended to take to modify Windows and Internet Explorer as a result of the August jury decision in the Eolas patent lawsuit.

Independent of the actions of the trial court in the Eolas lawsuit, the Commissioner of the Patent Office has announced that the Patent Office has determined that there are substantial questions concerning the validity of the Eolas patent. The action by the Patent Office may result in the cancellation of the Eolas patent.

doyle is what's wrong with the american mentality...
    i hope he goes bankrupt trying to pay off his lawyers with money he didn't win...

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

I already sayd that I love Bush in a thread, so why not ... w00t to MS!

Fredi
    Mind Share Projects [ <- my latest projects ] [ my splash page -> ] Fredi Bach
    OS X Code (r,s) [ my Mac, web 2.0 and programming blog ]
    Not A Blog [ my personal weblog ]
    jMe Feed Aggregator [ my latest most famous project ]
    Web Command Line [ use the web like a real geek ]

also w00t to MS for funnelling $$ to SCO to keep on litigatin' linux..... LOL

Ihoss
    yay!!! all you people who changed your websites, change them back again

Spartan Mop Warrior Loyal Rogue's Avatar
    Originally posted by Subway
    I already sayd that I love Bush in a thread,
    Holy crap!
    Is the world coming to an end?!?
    ::
    "Just go make web and stfu already." - jAQUAN

"Twitter is a public display of verbal diarrhea that comes out in small squirts." - Gerbick

i do not understand what is going on, can someone put that in smaller words for me?
    Penis Inches: Your Answer.
    www.penisinches.com

Ihoss
    read the first sticky on this page, then put not in front of it. thats it. yay

edit: second that is, the one about internet explorer anyways.

It means you don't have to go re-writing your embed code for your Flash movies to avoid an annoying alert in IE, because the Patent Office grew a set after Sir TBL set them a nasty letter.

Speaking of good ol' Timmy...where's CNO been? I'm sure he'd be psyched to hear this.

Damn. At first I thought that this thread was to describe the end of Longhorn.

MS doesn't deserve a woot (at least me thinks) - they just decided not to do something stupid that they originally planned on doing. It isn't like they fixed anything or cleaned anything up...
    I really enjoy forgetting. When I first come to a place, I notice all the little details. I notice the way the sky looks. The color of white paper. The way people walk. Doorknobs. Everything. Then I get used to the place and I don't notice those things anymore. So only by forgetting can I see the place again as it really is.

Nice! Thumbs up, you corporate scum!

That's too bad, I think that a lot of people would have dropped IE because of the change.

Um, no.

First of all, "people"(people being dads, moms, old women and men, and other not necessarily tech-savvy personas) would just wonder why flash 'wasnt working' for them, but they wouldnt think

"Hmmm, maybe I should switch to firebird because of this issue".

Secondly, if IE was to be changed, other browsers would be to follow as well, because well, if M$ couldnt escape the lawsuit, they probably couldnt as well.
    Last edited by fospher.com; 03-04-2004 at 06:57 PM.

No I can't do it by tommorow.. 1stbite's Avatar
    Originally posted by Ihoss
    yay!!! all you people who changed your websites, change them back again
    actually I prefer the alternative javascript way, much simpler to use once set up.

So it stays for now
    and in a blink of an eye...
    Media and Multimedia Courses in Nottingham - First Diploma | IMedia | HND | Foundation Degrees | BA(Hons) Top Ups.

Give a Twit a chance!

Originally posted by fospher.com
    Um, no.

First of all, "people"(people being dads, moms, old women and men, and other not necessarily tech-savvy personas) would just wonder why flash 'wasnt working' for them, but they wouldnt think

"Hmmm, maybe I should switch to firebird because of this issue".

Secondly, if IE was to be changed, other browsers would be to follow as well, because well, if M$ couldnt escape the lawsuit, they probably couldnt as well.

Can't a boy dream?