A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Pixelated

Pixelated

Hi there, I have an art nouveau line drawing that I want to add to my site. I would like to make it into a vector image to smooth out the lines. The problem is Flash vectorizes the image but it still retains the jagged pixels of the scan. I'm not proficient with Illustrator, so I would even know how to redraw the image and I dont think I can get a better scan. Any suggestions?

I'd reccomend getting a graphics tablet. They are basically a tablet that you take a digital pen and draw on it with, and it will draw through your computer so your drawings are digital in whatever program you're using, which would (in this case) be Flash (but you can use a graphics tablet for any program/programs). they're expensive but worth it. Wacom's the most popular company for making them (I think), I have an Intuos2 12x12 and I'm REEEEALLY happy with it. Graphires are also by Wacom and are more affordable than Intuoses. What you can do is just trace over the original image in Flash with the pencil tool (or pen or brush, whatever you prefer) to re-draw your art into Flash, but if you don't like working with a mouse, go for a graphics tablet (or at least look into getting one). good luck!

Thanks. I'll look into it. They do seem kind of pricey though. But they are probably worth it.

A slow, but effective way to do it is to draw over the image in flash using the line and pen tools.
    Just put the image in one layer and lock it, then in an above layer trace over the image. You may need to fade the original image slightly, so you can see where you are drawing.

It's also a lot cheaper than getting a graphics tablet
    - I made this!
    http://www.okkle.co.uk - creatures, art, animation and toys!
    Toilet Trumps