A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: whoswestudios.com

Whos we got new splash..thats all

UPS' official RIPP-OFF
    See full complaint here > www.actionfx.net/complaint.htm

I keep being amazed by there 3D skills. Wonder what there up to.
    .___________// Dries Schaballie .___________//SEVENEDGE.BE // Interactive media. .___________//DSDESIGN.BE // Personal design portfolio.

I emailed them and they said that they will be updating soon.
    UPS' official RIPP-OFF

moved from cool sites.

WHOcares.

what is up with whoswe?

they havent made anything for 6th months, how do they stay in buisiness and still have enought time to make the occasional flash screen on there site?
    freshly squeezed media

they are kinda a one trick pony. have you looked at their other sites? they all look the same. they even use some of the same graphics as they do on their site.

Um, am I still the only one not impressed by their work? I see a bunch of jaggies on the new splash image over on the right. If they are such masters of the 3 Dimentional world why would they settle for that?
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

Originally posted by sk8Krog
    Um, am I still the only one not impressed by their work?
    I assure you, that your not alone. Although they have some of the better 3D talent coming out of the all to well known design studios; I have never liked the fact that thier stuff blends from one site to the next. Retaining the same look and feel works though, when the right customers come along. Even when we as designers do not preticulary care for a firms work you must acknoweldge the fact the the customer is KING. If the customer loves it who gives arip that it looks like something previous?

Originally posted by BlueSamurai
    I assure you, that your not alone. Although they have some of the better 3D talent coming out of the all to well known design studios; I have never liked the fact that thier stuff blends from one site to the next. Retaining the same look and feel works though, when the right customers come along. Even when we as designers do not preticulary care for a firms work you must acknoweldge the fact the the customer is KING. If the customer loves it who gives arip that it looks like something previous?
    You have some good points there BlueSamurai. Here are a few more business sided thoughts (instead of design) to add to your points.

They have found a look to their designs that are reflected in each site they make, which may not be raving points from designers, but it brilliant none the less.

They are adding to their Branding and increasing the value of their brand. They are also doing the same design techniques over and over which means they can produce the same look with a small twist in less time, increasing their price as they get more known.

They start the cycle of creating less and making more, isn't that what business is all about? Add this to the fact their customers and many people love seeing their stuff in comparison to what is on the internet and they have a slam dunk and fly under the radar leaving other firms to always be under the microscope and have people comparing things. I think they are either very gifted folks or damn lucky to fall into it without having that strategy to begin with.

Originally posted by redskillet

They have found a look to their designs that are reflected in each site they make, which may not be raving points from designers, but it brilliant none the less.
    To me doing that sounds like limiting yourself to a specific taget audience.
    So businesswise I wouldn't say that is a brilliant thing to do.

WhosWe is not a 100% web design agency. Id say they were a 20% web design agency with very clever work. Most of there work is offline content (Multi-Media).

By having a certain style is no limiting yourself. Its called not getting blamed for rippig someone!

UPS' official RIPP-OFF

as pointed out the web is a small part of their business. Limiting? I don't think so, look at their client base, you know they make alot from them. It seems to me that they have learned and applied the 80/20 rule.