dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

View Poll Results: Do you find this question be complete and understandable.

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 100.00%
  • No, needs more information

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fluid Movements

Fluid Movements

Lately I have been fascinated with the stick figures and this fascination brought me to learning about flash. That’s why I'm here. I’ve made one movie which was very amateur, The sticks changed shape every frame and they didn’t move as fluid as the flash professionals such as stick figure ninja or zhu zhq .I know I wont be a professional or even close so soon but I been looking for tutorials to help me on my quest I seen plenty of tutorials some half ass and others have nothing to do with Flash Mx .So that gets me here can you help me by directing me to excellent tutorials or your own experiences taht would help me in making my animation quality better.

- Thank You

I have attached my very first animation.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Very nice work, now if you do it with more frames, and add slower movements, it becomes more fluid.

DaVuLf

THANKS

I thought about that but i don't have lots of time but i am willing to sacrifice is tha is what it takes

yous sound like your in a movie - i will sacrifice that, if thats what it takes! LOL!

Anyway, yeah if you make more frames and make a tween that was 5 frames, to 10 or 15 frames, then speed up the frame rate, it will go at around the same speed, but will go smoother.

I have not seen your work as my MX said it was an unrecognized format or something. If you want you could post the .swf, that could help.

but otherwise, just do what it says above, and tell me if that helps.

Matt
    Matt

My reply

That reply was striaght suave man...

Straight suave? what does that mean?
    Matt

how

tell me how to post a .swf and i will

Just the same way as you posted the .fla. You need to click export movie in the file menu, and it will make a .swf. But me watching the .swf wont help me solve the problem. I suggest you just do what i said in the last post. Make the frame rate faster, and make more frames!

matt
    Matt

Suave

Main Entry: suave
    Pronunciation: 'swäv
    Function: adjective
    Inflected Form(s): suav·er; -est
    Etymology: Middle French, pleasant, sweet, from Latin suavis -- more at SWEET
    1 : smoothly though often superficially gracious and sophisticated
    2 : smooth in texture, performance, or style
    - suave·ly adverb
    - suave·ness noun
    - sua·vi·ty /'swä-v&-tE/ noun
    synonyms SUAVE, URBANE, DIPLOMATIC, BLAND, SMOOTH, POLITIC mean pleasantly tactful and well-mannered. SUAVE suggests a specific ability to deal with others easily and without friction <a suave public relations coordinator>. URBANE implies high cultivation and poise coming from wide social experience <an urbane traveler>. DIPLOMATIC stresses an ability to deal with ticklish situations tactfully <a diplomatic negotiator>. BLAND emphasizes mildness of manner and absence of irritating qualities <a bland master of ceremonies>. SMOOTH suggests often a deliberately assumed suavity <a smooth salesman>. POLITIC implies shrewd as well as tactful and suave handling of people <a cunningly politic manager>.

Context of which i used the word "suave" in the sentence "that reply was straight suave" means that what I have said was smooth and cool...which was a opinion of mine.

This reference of the word "suave" was done by http:www.merriam-webster.com

Ok kool, glad i could help, sorry you had to explain! Are you gonna do what i said? If you do good luck, and tell us about it when your done.

By the way can you post the .swf just so i can see how good you are?

Matt
    Matt

OK

HA HA...

I was not asking you to solve my problem,sir.I was asking to veiw and and HELP me solve it.
    -Thank You

Surely i am helping you solve it?!?!?!

By telling you what i did previously i have helped you!

And can i see what you are doing, just out of interest?

Matt
    Matt

A .gif

they wont let me post a .swf
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice!

Very nice! But..... Now i have downlaoded and seen it there is a problem. Because it does not use motion tweens speeding up the frame rate and spacing out the frames will not work.

Because of the very nature of the movie, the way it goes frame to frame suddenly, instead of blending a morphing. If you see what i mean, it will not work, or as far as i know it won't, sorry!

Matt
    Matt

OK,that was the FIRST

thanks for your reveiw ,im not real knowledgeable about the motion tween can you help me on that one.Shape tween,done

Shape and motion are similar but shape sort of morphs shapes, and motion creates a motion, so if you wanted a square to go from one side of the screen to the other, you use motion tween, if you want a shape to urn into something else, use the shape tween. i think, it can get confusing!
    Matt

OK

I have the principle down now i need to know if im making one of these movies that i have to use motion tween and won't that interfere with at actual movement of the body parts of the figure and is every movie like that made in motion tween

The thing is as far as i can see, the movie you ahve made, you have made one frame and drawn the stick man, then started from scratch on the next frame. Therefore the 2nd frame is not a variation of the first frame, and a motion or shape tween (as far as i know) cannot be used.

Sorry!
    Matt

Well that's before i knew about the tweens now i know about most of them here is a motion tween or what i think is a motion tween imma send it to you so you can tell me if it is so well in my next movie i will use the tweens but tell me abou the limbs and tweens.like if i was to kick i would have to make a new keyframe or something please explain if possible
    Attached Images Attached Images

New Movie

Wait for my new movie made with new knowledge

The Lengend of the Crounching Medal Chair Hidden Green Chips

smile